Weekly Fantasy Baseball Chat

You ain’t lying. I know Brendan is going to see this when he pops by shortly and need to comment. I’m curious everyone, where would you rank Means ROS at SP? I’ve said I move at a glacial pace with changing my ROS rankings, so curious if people are pushing him into their top-30 or even 20 at this point.

Oh my pleasure. I’ll be around the forum a lot this year so swing by any time and post a topic to discuss!

Dropped Plesac for Wood. Should I pick Plesac back up, keep Wood, or stream another pitcher next week?

Oh man, asking me to evaluate what the Rays are going to do with anything is a recipe for disaster But, I’m sure they don’t want him facing the lineup a third time very often, especially given that he’s basically a two-pitch pitcher, albeit a nasty one. So, they’ll probably let him creep into 5 innings soon, but that’s almost certainly the max. Rays gonna Ray.

Hey Dan !

Just Curious your thoughts, Yasmani Grandal has been absolutely atrocious crushing my OPS. I have been thinking of just negating the catcher position and rostering an extra RP for saves or holds. Thoughts?

I must add, 10 team league and no worthy catchers to pickup

Totally depends on your league and roster size and settings. In a daily lineup league, where you can swap guys in and out each day, I almost always fill my bench with pitchers to maximize innings. But other than that, it’s really just team construct. In a total vacuum, with all things being equal, it’s probably pitchers, but again, it is dependent on a number of factors.

Fully healthy, I’d probably place him behind Carrasco.

Hey Dan, I had a trade offer send to me my Arozarena for Marcell Ozuna - should I accept?

Love YOUR work, my friend. Actually, I have no idea who you are or what you do, but still, I support it. Yes, I would do that. No hesitation. Franco should be up this year and will be a star, almost instantly. Love Jazz, but not the same level.

Ha, no one wants that role apparently. I think pretty good. Rogers has obviously struggled, and Colome has back-to-back scoreless appearances. It’s going to take a bit. He did a lot of damage. But I think eventually, say within a few weeks, he takes the role.

Second Question for you Dan, I have Corbin Burnes in an IL spot, when he is healthy who should I drop - Patrick Corbin, Alex Wood, Jordan Montgomery or Shane McClanahan ?? I am in a weekly points leauge .

I am fine to drop him at this point. It’s tough to be optimistic about him right now, and the Yankees don’t have the luxury of just throwing him out there each and every day to let him figure it out. I like Varsho as a player, I’m just not sure there will be enough playing time.

Really not sure of who is available in our league. But I’d certainly be fine with Posey, Molina, Murphy, Garver, Ramos, or Narvaez when healthy.

A little weird - kind of sounded like he was on the verge of coming back and now he can’t until the end of May, at least. So, I’d be a little cautious with him - that’s a minimum of like 11 weeks after he was given a 6-8 week prognosis. And given his injury history, I’m a little concerned. But, you can probably buy dirt cheap at this point, and I would.

Thanks, man! So, usual caveat that all roster decisions are dependent on your league size and situation. I would rather hold Voit than Luzardo, especially since Voit will be back within two weeks or so. But I really don’t want to drop Luzardo. I get that it’s been incredibly frustrating to roster him. But he’s got so much upside and will eventually put it together. Unless he is truly my only drop option, I’m holding him.

Ha, if you’ve listened to me at all this year, you know how much I’ve faded Plesac, but I would prefer him to Wood ROS, for sure. And he’s likely better than anyone available on the wire. So, as much as I know Mike Maher will make fun of me, I’d prefer Plesac.

2 Likes

Ok, everyone, my time is up. Brendan Tuma will be popping in to answer some questions! Start some topics in the fantasy baseball category, make some friends, ask some more questions. I’ll be in here a ton!

Thanks Dan! And hello everyone. Excited to be here and answer YOUR fantasy baseball questions. Just a reminder that you can always feel free to reach out on Twitter @toomuchtuma with questions anytime.

2 Likes

Hey Brandon! I’ve got Ty France. RIP, is he worth holding? Who should I grab instead of him for a 2B? Fraizer? Lux? Fletcher?

Hey Brendan,
I had a trade offer send to me my Arozarena for Marcell Ozuna - should I accept?