Weekly Fantasy Baseball Chat

Second Question for you, I have Corbin Burnes in an IL spot, when he is healthy who should I drop - Patrick Corbin, Alex Wood, Jordan Montgomery or Shane McClanahan ?? I am in a weekly points league.

Ok if i Waive Anderson, then Where do you think I should strengthen my roster. My biggest weak spots are my infield and Catcher.

Also here is where i am compared to my league.

Man, France has really cooled a bit, but 2B is a death zone this year. Continue monitoring waiver wire options but none of those guys stick out as upgrades over France

Oof, 1000% wrote Brandon on my question, sorry Brendan Thank you

Yes I would. I know Ozuna has been bad so far but the track record is there. Randy A is showing some concerning trends as well. I’d use this as my chance to get out and acquire a player who was more highly perceived before the season.

Haha not a problem! Reach out anytime!

I’d drop Montgomery. He just doesn’t profile as someone who will move the needle one way or the other. I imagine there are plenty of arms like him available on waivers. McClanahan’s usage has been frustrating to a degree, and I don’t expect that to change anytime soon, but he still has the upside to be worth more than J-Mont ever will

I’d agree those are your weak spots. Definitely need a Carson Kelly/Buster Posey/Mitch Garver type to change out your catcher. Any other interesting names on waivers?

Chiming in! Machado entered Wednesday night tied for the most hard-hit balls in baseball. He looks like a tremendous buy-low right now. Send Means for him

Chiming in! Definitely expect to see Kelenic sooner. Jon Morosi of MLB Network reported today that he’ll likely be up by the end of May. Trent Grisham is the comp that comes to mind

As for Wander, it’s so tough to guess what the Rays are going to do. Sometime around July feels right. Rookie year Lindor is the comp that comes to mind

Here is what is available at Catcher

Chiming in for Dan! Is this a H2H categories league? If so I do this all the time in my 12-team home league, and I call it “zero catcher.” Now it’s important to note that this doesn’t mean you should never roster a catcher, but if there aren’t any serviceable option available then I’d rather use the roster spot elsewhere, especially if my low-end catcher only plays 3-4 times per week.

Now all that being said Grandal is looking like one of the unluckiest hitters in baseball so far, especially when it comes to his SLG. I’d hold tight.

Definitely add Grandal. His surface level stats are disappointing but Baseball Savant shows he has been very unlucky. For example, his actual SLG is .259 but he has an xSLG of .437. Plus his track record is strong enough to feel confident in a bounce back

Here is the top waiver for all hitters…

HA! Yes, he means business, and I’ll never forgive the FantasyPros account for making fun of my tweet saying so. Top-20 for Means sounds way too aggressive. I think around 30-35 sounds right. Obviously he’s due for some natural regression, but I still expect him to be legit. Someone else in this thread mentioned trading him for Manny Machado. Ummm yes please. But you don’t NEED to sell high on Means. Feel free to sit back and collect that profit!

So I should be definitely be shopping Means right?

I have Giolito, Nola, Pablo Lopez ,Hendricks, Ryu, Matz(Bleh), and Luzardo so I feel like I’m set.

Thanks

sighs at Joey Votto injury

I think Donaldson needs to be added like…right this second. Expected stats are glorious

I don’t want to rain on your parade haha but I wouldn’t necessarily consider that “set.” Good pitching is so hard to come by right now. Means is legit. He’s due for natural regression, but he’s profiling as a fantasy asset for the remainder of '21. Now if you can sell HIGH on him, like if someone values him as a top-20 SP, then I’d do it. But he isn’t someone that you necessarily need to trade if that makes sense

Chiming in! As Dan said, definitely! Wander is on a much higher level talent wise

Alright everyone, that’s going to do it for me. Thanks for chatting. Just like Dan I’ll be around here a good amount this season. Additionally, you can always feel free to reach out on Twitter as well - @toomuchtuma