Weekly Fantasy Football Chat (8/9)

Not sure how many teams, but the short answer is no. I have Allen as the 11th best WR and the worst case scenario he is likely still available in Round 2 in almost every format and draft.

This is a solid team. My one critique would be that it appears you were one of the first teams to take DEF & K. I wouldnā€™t recommend that, In fact, donā€™t even draft one of them unless the league requires it. Iā€™d rather stash more RBs and WRs in case of injury or job loss in the next few weeks. Can always pickup a DEF or K before Week 1 when we have more information.

1 Like

6m

Iā€™m in a 20 team dynasty league. I pick third in rookie draft. I have no starting QB on my roster. My team terrible im in a rebuild. If najee and lawrence gone do I go Justin fields or Pitts or chase? Hope some QB left on 2nd pick? No QBs on waiver

Mahomes is projected to lead the league in completions in 2021. However, sorting by this category you can see that some lower ADP QBs get a bump (Stafford, Ryan, Ben). I think that I would wait even longer in this format to take a QB!

I have the 3rd pick in a 12 team, 0.5PPR redraft league. If it was standard I would think that Henry is unquestionably the pick, but does Kamaraā€™s receiving ability/opportunity give him an edge in 0.5PPR?

No. Your number 1 WR is Allen Robinson. I am not even sure Chark is the WR1 on his own team. The Jags will be a curious case early on. A lot of talk about their improved offense, but no clue who will emerge as the main man. I am waiting on Jags in drafts.

PPR league with 2 keepers this year. If I keep Cooper as a 4th rounder and Woods as a 5th rounder, can I safely take 2 RBs and a QB early? Any alternate suggestions? My other eligible keeper options of note would be Hunt as a 5th. Claypool as a 16th or Corey Davis as a 16th. Possibly better value to take one keeper early and one as a 16th?

In a Half PPR league who would your prefer between Jeudy, Smith-Schuster, and Antonio Brown?

In a 14 team half ppr dynasty league and I can keep two and lose my first two rounds of picking. Have Josh Allen, Saquon Barkley, Nick Chubb, George Kittle and A.J. Brown. Was initially planning on keeping Barkley and Chubb, but now Iā€™m waffling on Barkley. What would you do?

Hey Noah! Thanks for the question. Earlier in the thread I answered the 2QB strategy, but with 2RBs as late round keepers, I am even more apt to jump QB early! If i were you, Iā€™d try to get 2 of the Top 12 at the position! Really hammer down the advantage you built with those RBs late. Good luck!

My rankings have Edmonds 73 Harris 89 with Moss 104 and Dillon 109. So the two ā€œstartersā€ get the edge here, but I donā€™t really love any of these backs for 2021. NE RBs are always a disaster, Aaron Jones is always on the field, Josh Allen steals all the rushing TDs in Buffalo, and Edmonds has never been used at the 3 down back, That being said, Edmonds and Harris should get the most work of the 4 listed.

12 teams 6-12 pts for tds depending on yardage and 1 pt for every 10 yds rushing and recieving

1 Like

Thanks for the question! Man, this isnā€™t easy, For me, George Kittle is lasting too long in drafts. Heā€™s got every chance to finish as the top TE or at least challenge Kelce for the crown. However, when deciding on keepers, round value matters. Having that 3rd rounder plus Dobbins is a little stronger than Kittle plus a 5th. Hope that makes sense!

As many as the site will allow! Thinning out the waiver wire in 10 team leagues will help the more skilled fantasy players in your league. I would suggest 7. This would allow for almost all the relevant RBs and WRs to be drafted.

Wow, a lot of moving pieces here. Definitely credit you for providing all the information to help give you the best advice i can.

The final product after both trades is your best shot at winning. Youā€™ll have to be ready to grab RBs all year long tho. So if you arenā€™t great on the waiver wire, Iā€™d suggest the middle team as the most balanced. But, for me, Iā€™d want Team 3 and then Iā€™d spend all year trying to find gold at RB in case Gibson and/or Davis donā€™t pan out. Thanks for the question!

Add FLEX and SUPERFLEX spots, and make the benches deep if you enjoy competitive bidding on waivers.

However, make the league the format that the 10 teams want! There is no wrong way or bad format in fantasy football except one that the fantasy players arenā€™t happy with. Keep and open mind and get feedback from the other teams, Ultimately, the most successful leagues are the ones in which every team is having fun.

This sounds like a fun league!

In SUPERFLEX, I would be franchising one of those QBs. I donā€™t think you can go wrong with either, but I would lean Dak. Wouldnā€™t hate on Herbert tho.

Then Iā€™d keep the other QB, so Herbert in this case. Leaving a tough call at keeper 3. Jefferson in Round 13 is too much value for me to pass. With that start, you can focus on RBs and WRs, or invest early on TE and try to get Waller back. Thatā€™s how Iā€™d play it. Best of luck!

1 Like

Sounds like you are stuck in a corner here. Can you explore a trade for a QB? I wouldnā€™t suggest going into the season with a zero at any position. With that said, seems like you need to at least stash a QB if you canā€™t move a pick or player for a starting QB now. Fields would be my target, He will be the starter at some point in 21.

I appreciate it. Thanks!

1 Like

Henryā€™s security in role keeps him in the Top 3 for me. You might be surprised but Henry has finished in the Top 3 RBs in 0.5ppr scoring the last two seasons. You canā€™t go wrong with either. The beauty of having pick 4 is that someone else will make the decision for you, pick 3 (where you are at) you just need hope you pick the one who stays healthy!