Weekly Fantasy Football Chat (8/2)

Our fantasy football analysts will be around to answer your burning questions! We have Mike Maher set for an AMA Wednesday (8/4) at 1 pm EST and Matt Barbato on Friday (8/6) at Noon EST, but there may be others checking in to help answer your questions as well.

You can begin asking your questions now by replying below!

Our league is
QB
RB x2
WR x 2
RB/WR Flex x 2
WR/TE Flex
no TE/K
0.5 ppr

When I mock draft and take 4 straight RBs, I get 97s and 98s even if I’m starting WR 3s and WR4s for my 3 WR spots. FOr example, I took 6 straight RBs, then a QB, then ended up with Boyd, LaViska, and Mike Williams as my 3 starting WRs. Got a 98 on that draft.

Seems like even if I take a WR with one of my top 4 rounds that is projected even 30-40 points above that RB, and I end up with a RB later that doesn’t change that math, it still ranks my team as weaker. By all accounts, drafting any WR over any RB in the top 4 rounds weakens my team.

Is this a flaw with other types of leagues, or is our ability to play 4 RBs not conducive to this algorithm? Or is that really the way to go for the strongest team?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it’s a flaw with other leagues or an issue with the grading. It’s just a question of projecting the best lineups with the most points for each week. With that many RB slots available, reliable RBs become that much more valuable. Plus, the more high-end RBs you have in that format, the fewer there are available for the other teams. The next time you do one of these mocks, take a look at the breakdowns. You’ll probably find some other teams with similar weak spots to your WRs, though theirs may be more extreme. Six straight RBs is probably a little overkill, since you’re essentially drafting a backup in the fifth round. But that’s what makes these mocks so useful. Try out different strategies and see what comes out.

With reports of Kyle pitts lining up all over the place in falcons training camp, is there any possibility he loses his TE eligibility this season and it turns into WR eligibility? Are any of you all concerned about this?

1 Like

Should I keep james Robinson with my 7th round pick or Darrell Henderson with my 6th round pick? Or neither?

1 Like

In PPR, my keepers are Ekeler, Aaron Jones and deciding between Waller or Antonio Gibson

1 Like

I have number 6 pick in my yahoo league Full ppr any suggestions on who I should grab in that spot?

1 Like

Dynasty PPR league - I own chase and Boyd. Would you trade Boyd for Gallup and a late 2nd in 2022?

2 Likes

It’s something I have thought about in passing, but that is just so hard to predict. Since he was a TE in college and was technically drafted as a TE, I think it would take some extreme circumstances for him to lose that eligibility everywhere.

2 Likes

Does you draft strategy change at all for 10 team league vs 12?

1 Like

I’d go Henderson for sure

I was lucky to have scooped D Henderson BEFORE Cam got injured in the second year of our keeper ppr league. What do you think his value will be beyond this year though? Achilles tear is difficult for players to rebound 100%. At 23, could he be “the guy” going forward for a while, or should I use him to try to trade for Javonte Williams whom I REALLY like for down the road?

1 Like

At what spot do you guys feel okay drafting Kelce? I know he bring immense value but, at the same time, I don’t want to miss out on a top-tier RB.

1 Like

I’d go Gibson and hope to get Waller back in the draft because you definitely won’t be able to do the opposite, know what I mean?

I already have CMC at RB. I want 2 of either Etienne, Jacobs, or Henderson? It’s a PPR league.

1 Like

Obviously, you have to see how the draft falls. But that isn’t a bad spot. Since it’s PPR, you can take a top WR like Adams, Hill, or Diggs. Or you can see if a Top 5 RB like Kamara or Henry fall to you if others take a top WR.

Will James Robinson and Etienne be able to co-exist in the Jags backfield like Chubb and Hunt?

1 Like

Sure, I’d do that. I’m not the biggest Gallup fan, but that’s good value and splits up your WR a bit.

1 Like

I’m in a dynasty auction league. I have Kamara at $45 before draft (10 man $200 cap ppr) I can trade him at bid after COOK or Henry or CMC but they will be between $60 to $70 . How much faith do u have Kamara will still be big giving all changes to Saints? Help , 2 weeks to draft

1 Like

Slightly. I’m mostly just less worried about missing out on certain positions because I know the waiver wire will be deeper. I’m also sometimes more willing to take a big swing since I know I’ll be able to cut bait and find a decent replacement if I’m wrong.