Weekly Fantasy Football Chat (7/26)

Drafting to trade is risky. It rarely works out. I actually think you could likely go WR in the first and bank on Najee being there in the second. I’d say 75% chance you get him. But it’s not 100%. At 10 it is. That’s a decision you’ll have to make.

1 Like

Probably not. Keenan isn’t really a splash play guy. That scoring system does make Tyreek the WR1 by a wide margin, though.

Right on thanks man appreciate it.

Yikes. That is a very antiquated roster setup. I was guilty of that as well in my leagues, but we have since moved to a 3-2-1 format and this year we’re moving towards 3-2-2. The more you listen to the smartest minds in fantasy, the more they advocate for adding flexes and starting roster positions. In the modern NFL, no league should be 2-2-1 anymore. You’re essentially done drafting starting WRs and RBs after round 5.

Personally, I would like three flexes, but that’s a big jump. I think you should do the following:

QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex. 6 Bench. As many IR as you want.

1 Like

I still believe in Saquon long term. Even if he starts 2021 slow. If you can somehow get Saquon and Jefferson or AJB, that would be phenomenal.

1 Like

@wizardsticks1977 check out my answer on Harris here

This is an extremely complex question and not one I can really answer quickly here. I also need to know what you mean by salary cap. When I think salary cap, I think signing players to contracts and a very complex long term setup. If you just mean an auction dynasty league, that’s simpler, but I just need to be clearer on the terminology.

Thanks. I was thinking the same. First three keepers are Cook, Hill and Gibson. 12 team PPR, 3WRs, 2RBs, 1TE and a Flex. I would have pick 4.10 if not keeping Sanders.

It depends on who you think will be there. I would not take Sanders at 4.10 because I would assume there are WRs there I like. But with keepers involved, that may not be the case. So that’s something you just need to do your best to gauge.

In Dynasty is Trequan Smith a Buy, Sell, or hold with the news about Thomas?

I’m in a 10 team full point PPR keeper league. We can keep 3 and lose them in the round they were drafted. I’ve got J. Taylor in the 3rd, Waller 5th, Ridley 7th, Montgomery in 9th and Josh Allen in 11th. I also have the 1st overall pick. What would you suggest?

I see no value in Tre’Quan Smith. I don’t think he’s good at football. If you could sell him based on someone thinking he’ll actually be useful suddenly, I would do it. Otherwise, he’s a hold.

That’s tough. There’s definitely value in keeping Josh Allen. Waller and Ridley are locks. It’s between JT and Allen at that point. Given that you pick first overall, I would think that would be a running back. I would probably go JT, but it’s close.

I believe the idea was to do an auction draft this year with $1000 budget and every year keep the $1000 budget but if you keep someone they increase $10 or $15 every year from the price you got them in auction.

$1000 is very high. Typical budget is $200. So I guess I’d base it off $200 and then just 5x everything. Typical increase would be anywhere from $5-$10 a season. So $25-$50.

How do you feel about 3rd round reversal for deeper leagues?

Who to target in LA at RB other than Hendeson?
Funk, Xavier, or someone off roster now?

Dynasty HPPR-SF (Rookie Draft Upcoming) - I have a young deep team, but likely not winning this year. How would you go about getting rid of guys like Devon Singletary, Jarvis Landry, Brandin Cooks, and Davante Parker, all who aren’t starters on my team? What value can you even get?

I’ve got a trade offer in a dynasty league that’s been bothering me. I won last season have one of the better teams now. I’m being offered Hopkins and a 2022 2nd from a team in the bottom 2. For 2022 1, 2022 3 , and 2023 1. To me the 2022 2nd and 2022 1st kind of wash as probable to be with a few picks of each other. The 2023 1 is from a trade and probable to be 1.1 as of this moment. To me Hopkins is getting older (probably just 2-3 more great years) and depending on how green goes could lose some of his volume. Thoughts?

Not knowing your receivers or your league’s scoring or your roster, I’ll answer as best I can.

Do you need a receiver? Are you willing to mortgage your team’s future for a run this year?

Honestly, if you won last year, I don’t see any need to mess with what you have. Keep your picks, so you can maintain the flow of winning. But if you absolutely think Hopkins would improve your team, then negotiate from a position of strength: If you aren’t comfortable with the deal, don’t do it.

That said, you have your own 2023 first round pick? If you’re sitting on a second first round pick, you have the luxury of “living large”, i.e. spending more than what a player is worth. Maybe entertain some offers for better options? Find that sexy option that works better for you. Understand that RB’s have short careers generally, and QB’s and WR’s and TE’s usually top out around their late 30’s, although you might get production into their 40’s (guys like Tom Brady are the exception, not the rule).