Weekly Fantasy Football Chat (5/24)

Our fantasy football analysts will be around to answer your burning questions! We have Joe Pisapia set for an AMA Thursday at 1 pm EST, but there may be others checking in to help answer your questions as well.

You can begin asking your questions now by replying below!

What is Adam Trautman ceiling this year?

Considering Christian McCaffrey’s downside from last year (only played in 3 games due to injuries), that makes him a rough 1st pick in any draft to me. How do you justify him above a somewhat more reliable Dalvin Cook or Alvin Kamara, or an extremely reliable Derrick Henry or Jonathan Taylor?

Thanks for hosting this! I’m in a standard 10-team redraft league with pick 6. Knowing my league, CMC, Cook, Henry, Kamara, and Barkley will be off the board and Taylor is kept. Who do you choose between Zeke and Chubb?

Who should i draft as QB2? Justin Herbert or Joe Burrow? Half ppr

Keeper question: Very much in win-now mode. Have Chubb as a 2, Davante Adams as a 5, Allen Robinson as a 6, Lamar Jackson as a 7 and Waller as a 13. I can keep one more… Do I keep:

DJ Moore as a 4
Tyler Boyd as an 8
Laviska Shenault as a 10
or Michael Gallup as an 11?

Leaning Shenault for floor and upside, but can you sell me on him?

Good morning,

I am in a 12 man dynasty/keeper league, I have essentially traded 2 first round picks (1.02 & 1.10) Matthew Stafford, DeAndre Swift, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, and Cooper Kupp for,

Patrick Mahomes, Alvin Kamara, and Saquon Barkley. These trades happened between me and 3 other GM’s. But all I want to know is if I made the right decision, or should I have kept my old players and picks?

Thank you

What is your ideal draft spot in a 12 team league?

TheCatsPajamas

12h

What is Adam Trautman ceiling this year?
@TheCatsPajamas If Trautman ends up as the #3 target in New Orleans and Jameis Winston plays QB the majority of the time, he could finish in the top 10 of TE. However, there are a lot of variables there. I would take him in a tandem with an Irv Smith or Logan Thomas and see how things develop over the first month of the season. In TE premium I could see keeping him on a target list as well during a draft.

2 Likes

Thoughts on AJ Brown’s value full PPR league if Julio ends up on the Titans?

edmcgon

7h

Considering Christian McCaffrey’s downside from last year (only played in 3 games due to injuries), that makes him a rough 1st pick in any draft to me. How do you justify him above a somewhat more reliable Dalvin Cook or Alvin Kamara, or an extremely reliable Derrick Henry or Jonathan Taylor?
@edmcgon You justify CMC based on his upside and the fact you can still potentially garb another low end RB1/high end RB2 at the 2/3 turn in a draft. I can’t put Taylor in that class yet, but Derrick Henry as the 1.01 I totally support despite the workload. His first two years in the league, he was used sparingly. Back to back rushing titles and 16+ TDs. Sign me up if you don’t want the CMC risk. Nothing wrong with that.

How aggressive can someone in a superflex dynasty startup be with drafting Josh Allen? How aggressive can we pursue the stack with Diggs?
→ It seems like Allen is an outlier being a mobile QB that’s not on a run heavy offense.
→ Diggs seems to be heavily correlated with Allen and enjoys a lack of competition for target leader.

Joe with Julio moving on were do you see Pitts finishing in the TE rankings.

Thanks for hosting this! I’m in a standard 10-team redraft league with pick 6. Knowing my league, CMC, Cook, Henry, Kamara, and Barkley will be off the board and Taylor is kept. Who do you choose between Zeke and Chubb?
@maxwellhorowitz I choose Chubb. Zeke looks like he’s lost a step and Chubb had 8 TDs in 8 game after he returned in Week 10. That’s what you want in STND. that TD equity.

1 Like

Not sure how to start a topic?
Curious on Odell Beckham?
Offered a 2022 4’th in Dynasty Superflex and was refused. What’s his expectations for 2021 and beyond?

Of the big sophomore running backs (Taylor, Gibson, Dobbins, CEH, Swift), who do you think will be the best pick based on adp?

nyktotheend

17m

Who should i draft as QB2? Justin Herbert or Joe Burrow? Half ppr
@nyktotheend Herbert has to go before Burrow still, but I believe both are strong selections. I assume you mean as your QB2 not QB2 overall. Neither of those guys are in that top 5 QB discussion.

Keeper question: Very much in win-now mode. Have Chubb as a 2, Davante Adams as a 5, Allen Robinson as a 6, Lamar Jackson as a 7 and Waller as a 13. I can keep one more… Do I keep:

DJ Moore as a 4
Tyler Boyd as an 8
Laviska Shenault as a 10
or Michael Gallup as an 11?

Leaning Shenault for floor and upside, but can you sell me on him?
@glazeduck definitely DJ Moore for me working out of the slot with Sam Darnold who loves slot WR. If you don’t want to give up the draft capital I understand, and Shenault is a decent selection too, but “win now” mode makes Moore the guy for me. My concern with Laviska is Chark, Jones and Etienne all being viable and ahead of him in targets.

You came away with the three best players in Mahomes, Kamara and Barkley. I’d always rather have the elite players and figure out depth later. You can’t find greatness on the waiver wire.

I’d like to be top 3 or 11/12. Give me the elite RB or double up on two great players at the turn. The middle is also tough because you are at the mercy of runs on both ends during a draft.

1 Like