Weekly Fantasy Football Chat (7/26)

Should I keep Miles Sanders with ny 4th round keeper in a 12 team PPR league?

I canā€™t provide any insight on possible trades, but I can say that neither Melvin Gordon nor Mark Ingram are starting caliber RBs. Melvin, at this point in his career, belongs in a role kind of like what we expect from James Conner in Arizona. Mark Ingram is done. Thatā€™s why he was a healthy scratch down the stretch and in the playoffs last season. He has no business being on an NFL roster anymore.

2 Likes

Yeah sorta crazy. Try to work a trade with someone later to get Harris and another player for Chubb (example)

Harris/Jefferson. I just trust Harrisā€™ volume more.

In a ppr league where tds are worth 6,9,12 depending on distance and 1 pt for every 10yds rushing and recieving. Is Keenan Allen worth a second round pick

Roster Format Question:

Iā€™m the commissioner for a 12 team, half ppr league. Our standard roster format is 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 DST, 6 Bench / 1 IR

Would you suggest 2 flex spots instead of 1? If so, how many bench spots should there be? Thank you!!

I prefer to be RB heavy as well, but I really see value in having a true WR1 this season. I might even take two running backs in that spot. Itā€™s hard to predict who will be there, but if you can get two of Jefferson, Keenan, ARob, I might do that. It also depends on what RBs are there. I would take Swift in that spot as one of my two picks. CEH is an option as well. If Carson is the best RB there, though, Iā€™m going WR-WR.

1 Like

I like Damien Harris because he has room to provide a positive ROI. Heā€™s not going to catch any passes, but thatā€™s okay because weā€™re not drafting him as our RB1. Heā€™s either an RB2 in a Single/Hero/Anchor RB draft or heā€™s our RB3. He could rush for 1000 yards and 10 touchdowns, which would be a great season based on his price.

1 Like

Are we sleeping on D Harris in New England? Itā€™s a run first team right?

McLaurin for a five provides the best value

In full PPR, I prefer Ekeler. JT has the highest ceiling, but there are concerns with Mack returning and Hines taking passing down work. Chubbā€™s ceiling is capped unless Hunt gets hurt, but heā€™s as safe as it gets. I just donā€™t believe in drafting not to lose and thatā€™s how I feel about Chubb.

Hurts is by far the best one for me because of the whole drafting to win thing. Sure, Hurtsā€™ floor is heā€™s terrible and you drop him in October, but Hurtsā€™ ceiling is 2019 Lamar Jackson. I donā€™t believe in drafting QBs that canā€™t run so that takes Stafford and Brady off the table (although I would draft them if I really waited on QB). I like Tannehill as well if you donā€™t want to pay the eighth round price for Hurts.

In Superflex, Iā€™m securing an elite QB for sure. Especially in a 10 teamer where everyone gets a super team. I might even go QB-QB depending on who I can get round two.

Is Tyler Boyd worth a 1? Probably not. But absent collusion (or a trade so lopsided that collusion is implied), trades should not be vetoed. Boyd is a sure thing. A rookie pick is not. That trade should not have been vetoed. Between me and you, I would leave a league over that. It is not the commissionerā€™s job to manage your team or anyone elseā€™s.

1 Like

Very difficult decision here. Diggs, Gibson, Swift, and Henderson are all good values. Given that itā€™s Superflex, I think you have to take the guaranteed $12 QB and go with Hurts.

I donā€™t think so. Harris is going to touch the ball 350 times. We can be confident in that. Check out this tweet from Mike Tagliere on Harris: https://twitter.com/MikeTagliereNFL/status/1418624170074812417

I would not take Harris at 10, but if you believe in him, itā€™s by no means a crazy pick. I like starting RB-RB, but I think thereā€™s too much value in securing one of the top five WRs this year. So Iā€™m starting RB/WR (or WR/RB) as long as I can get one of Tyreek, Davante, Diggs, DHop, or Ridley.

In a startup dynasty (ppr/non SF - 1 QB). I have the 1.3 & 1.8 pick. Would you go Saquon + Jefferson or Cook + AJB/ DK. It obviously depends who falls to me, but which method would you prefer ?

I need way more information to answer this. How many keepers? Who are your other options? Roster settings? Etc.

But based purely on what youā€™ve given me, I would lean no because thatā€™s par value based on his ADP and Miles Sanders isnā€™t good.

1 Like

Iā€™m lost on a key question in SF. Will Debo Samual get more targets over Aiyuk and who will likely get more TDā€™s. Kittle we know but these two Iā€™m sort of lost? Help?

We are starting a salary cap dynasty league with a $1000 budget yearly. What are recommendations on yearly player salary increases. Or other dynasty setup tips.

He might. I like Lamb both as a talent and a fantasy asset. He could very well be going ahead of Amari in 2022 drafts. I like Lamb in the late third/early fourth because he has the highest ceiling of the guys that typically go in that spot and thatā€™s what weā€™re looking for.

1 Like