Weekly Fantasy Football Chat (6/14)

Thanks for sharing the details!

With these in mind, I’d imagine Cook and Etienne as your starting RBs, with Davis as a potential starter if you were able to get him in the 1st. Beyond them, I don’t think any of the other players, beyond McKissic, has any standalone fantasy value this season, so none are 1st round worthy, most likely. McKissic benefited heavily from the “dump-off” propensity of WFT’s QBs last season (i.e., Haskins, Allen, and Smith), so I’m unsure if he can repeat his 110 target performance from 2020.

Among these players, I’d take Hurst over all; however, Trautman has been talked about as a potential TE sleeper with Cook leaving for LAC, while Firkser may be okay in TEN. None excited me greatly, but these would be my preferred two.

1 Like

The receivers I think may be there are
Dj Chark
Laviska
Rondelle or elijah moore
I have AJ Brown and Aiyuk

I also have the 4.15 and than don’t pick till the 7th round
16 team league PPR
We keep 10-10-7 every 3 year is a “reset”
We start
1 qb
2 RB
3WR
1 TE
1 DST
1 K
1 RB/WR/TE FLEX
1 LB
1 DB
1 DL
1 IDP FLEX

I COULD GET BUDDA BAKER OR A TOP LB IN THOSE PICKS AS WELL THE SCORE LIKE A RB2

In 12-team redraft PPR, I’d heavily target Golladay > Higgins over the rest. Both can be studs this season!

Regarding your follow-up question, I think this is due to two factors: 1) QB is such a deep position in fantasy; and 2) people like to point to TEN’s rushing-focus offense while dismissing Tanne’s extremely efficient production since becoming the starter. For what it’s worth, I love him as a late-round QB. If people keep hating, I’ll keep drafting the value!

Thanks Jared appreciate you taking the time to read (my longish response) and answer with some advice… With that in mind I might try and trade up in the FA draft, dangling a wideout and a pick in 2022 draft. If nothing comes of it and I can’t get Davis, and can’t trade up for him, then I think I will look at backup bye wk qb as they are hard to come by in my league with 24 starters spoken for in starting lineups leaving 6-7 bye week fill ins for 12 teams.

Thanks again!

I think the only rookies I’d surely value considering your team would be Chase, Harris, Etienne, and Williams. DeVonta Smith could be solid, but you’re pretty set at WR with Hill, Diggs, and Kupp. All comes down to what you’d have to trade away to acquire one of these players.

With these settings (1QB), I highly advise against QB early, and will surely grab Waller or Kittle at the turn if they’re available. The only “spicy” question to ask yourself is: do you take Kelce at the 1.01 considering it’s a TE premium league?

Hi Jared! Dynasty 10 team ppr 1QB

Herbert
RB-Barkley,Swift,Akers, Dobbins & Harris
WR-AJB,Metcalf, Lamb & Viska
TE-Kittle

With my roster- thoughts on grabbing Allen or Ridley for 2 2022 Firsts(Have 2 via trade? Or just keep the picks?

I’m not as familiar with IDP leagues, so I’ll defer on that question to one of our other analysts on FantasyPros team.

However, I’d value Chark and Laviska > Moss and Dillon in this keeper league. Would take Moss and Dillon over the Moores, however.

Sounds like a solid strategy! Wishing you the best of luck and thank you for joining me in this AMA this afternoon!

1 Like

How many WRs/Flexes can you start? Your team is absolutely stacked so I don’t think you need to trade for either WR. However, Ridley is primed to be a top 5 dynasty WR, so I wouldn’t be against you trading 2 1sts for him, assuming you can start him alongside AJB, Metcalf, and Lamb.

I probably wouldn’t trade 2 1sts for Allen given your team, even though I consider him a Top 10 WR in redraft 2021 leagues, FWIW.

Starters-- 2 RB, 2WR & 2 FLEX, 1 TE

Thanks for the advice! One last question… In a 1QB Dynasty League, where I already have Kyler Murray, and I like having a back up QB, should I keep Matt Ryan as the back-up, or Tua?

Thanks for joining me this afternoon! I enjoyed answering all of your questions. If you joined late or I missed your question, please follow me on Twitter @JaredL_FF and ask me there!

I think you’re probably safe to hold onto your draft picks but there really isn’t any opportunity to improve your team in a 1QB dynasty league regardless. If you wanted to offer something like Metcalf + 2nd/3rd for Ridley or one of your back-up RBs + 2nd/3rd (or maybe just 1 1st), I’d be open to it, but I don’t think you need to trade for him.

In a 1QB dynasty league, Matt Ryan should offer you very little, especially since you already have a bonafide, young QB in fantasy. If you really wanted to keep a second QB in this dynasty league, I’d go with Tua.

Thanks. You’re right in line with the community consensus on this trade lol. As an Eagles fan I love the Hurts call, which makes it hard bc of obvious bias. I agree tho, his value should only go up from here.

You are THEE MAN!!! GREAT INSIGHT…thank you so much

Who should I keep in 12 team ppr (picking D Cooks with 2nd pick)?

McLaurin with 5th round pick
Carson with 4th rd pick
Montgomery with 6th rd pick

McLaurin with the 5th round is hard to resist. Forget Carson. Montgomery is only mildly tempting, and his upside isn’t great from the 6th round (not bad, but not great).

Three different positions 1 starting question
QB: Brady or Wilson
WR: McLaurin or Marvin Jones Jr
Flex: Higgins or Edmonds