Weekly Fantasy Football Chat (5/24)

OneWeekWonder25

14m

Thoughts on AJ Brown’s value full PPR league if Julio ends up on the Titans?

Even if Julio ends up there A.J. Brown has top 5 overall potential in my mind. He’ll see single coverage galore and he’s already proven how efficient he can be. Jones stifles his ability to challenge for WR1 overall, but I don’t think Jones would be a massive detriment to Brown’s value the way some others do.

Mana_Beast

15m

How aggressive can someone in a superflex dynasty startup be with drafting Josh Allen? How aggressive can we pursue the stack with Diggs?
→ It seems like Allen is an outlier being a mobile QB that’s not on a run heavy offense.
→ Diggs seems to be heavily correlated with Allen and enjoys a lack of competition for target leader.

I would be top 5 overall aggressive with Allen in a start up SF dynasty and the Diggs pairing would be worth paying a premium for if you can get it. You’re instincts are dead on here.

76bucsfan46

16m

Joe with Julio moving on were do you see Pitts finishing in the TE rankings.

Pitts would certainly get a bump if Julio left ATL, but I would still not take him over Kelce or Waller. He’d be in that Kittle/Andrews/Hockenson conversation. Top 3 teh ceiling, top 8 the floor. The trouble is, not taking him over other TE’s but drafting him over proven WR in your draft. The proven WR get the pick for me over Pitts until you get to that low WR2 conversation.

cajabilly

Mana_Beast

18m

Not sure how to start a topic?
Curious on Odell Beckham?
Offered a 2022 4’th in Dynasty Superflex and was refused. What’s his expectations for 2021 and beyond?

I am not the Odell guy, but I know Tags is. I think the name recognition outweighs the player himself. In 2018 and '19 he averaged 75 rec, 1K yards and 5 TD. You can find that from other WR3 types. He’s not special in my mind.

Jerry Jerry is definitely being slept on right? I think ECR has him at WR37.

goron352

21m

Of the big sophomore running backs (Taylor, Gibson, Dobbins, CEH, Swift), who do you think will be the best pick based on adp?

As of now, CEH in PPR and Dobbins in .5 PPR and stnd are the best returns on ADP. Taylor is going as an early first rounder, Swift had concussion issues last year and although I like Gibson, he’s still going at the tail end of RB1 basically in most drafts.

Dynasty 10 team ppr 1qb-
My RBs- Akers, Swift, Dobbins,Gibson & Harris.
Thoughts on Barkley? Should I go after him? Just roll with my RBs?

I rode Waller all the way to my league championship last season. Kelce is #1 no doubt. I’ve got Kelce rated in my WR 1 category, Waller in my lower WR 2 category. Pitts is intriguing foresure if Hulio moves on.

In a 10 team, you’re looking pretty golden. You should be able to play matchups with that group all season long.

You can’t predict injuries. Look at his per game average in those three games. If he stays healthy, I’m not sure there’s anybody that is really very close to his ceiling. In a 1QB league, he’s still my first pick.

And how many games would you lose if he’s not there? 3 games doesn’t make a winning fantasy season. Ask anyone who drafted CMC last year. I knew one guy who managed to make the playoffs last year, but only because he managed to pickup James Robinson when CMC got hurt. And he lost in the first round.

I feel you on that, especially if it was tough to win with him injured last season. But look at the previous three before last. Just wondering, who would you take ahead of him?

Dalvin Cook or Derrick Henry.

Cook carried the “injury prone” tag for a little while actually as well. I’m just not a fan of Henry because of his limited role in the receiving game. But obviously he’s been a beast!! I really have no qualms about CMC as the 1.01. But yeah it definitely hurt that he only played 3 games last season. I traded FOR him thinking he’d be back in a couple leagues.

Cook never missed 13 games. And he helped carry one of my fantasy teams last year, so I’m not about to underestimate him.