Weekly Fantasy Baseball Chat (5/24)

Is Keuchel a decent stream option against Baltimore Friday or M.Perez vs MIA

In a H2H points league, Iā€™d like to stream two start Rich Hill next week (and possibly keep him afterward). My only two options that I would feel comfortable dropping would be Robbie Ray and Willie Calhoun. Would you drop either of those players to pick up Rich Hill?

Sigh, I admit Iā€™m concerned that Iā€™m going to fade Adolis Garcia all year and heā€™s going to make me look foolish. But he doesnā€™t walk much (just 4.7%), he swings at everything (56.1%, 7th most in the league), and he hasnā€™t done anything against offspeed stuff (just a 0.80 BA against). He hits the tar out of the ball when he makes contact but it just feels like the league will adjust.

I would sell him high if I could but Iā€™m also not giving him away. Heā€™ll still hit for power, I just see the average coming down.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you asked because Iā€™ve been very disappointed in him. He bulked up trying to get more power, abandoning his line drive stroke, and got mired in a lousy slump during Spring Training that spilled into the regular season.

Iā€™m with you as Iā€™m very conflicted too. What would be fair value?

Iā€™d hold Alonso for sure, but there will be ups and downs with the guy. Thatā€™s just the nature of someone like him with swing and miss potential. Certainly, feel free to float him out there to see what you could bring back, but I expect him to have plenty of value. Iā€™d even be willing to float Olson and bring back a big return and have Alonso in my first base slot, if necessary.

Iā€™m thinking of picking up Mathew Boyd for tonightā€™s start against Cleveland. What do u think! I know his last two starts have been bad. Iā€™m on the fence

Nope. I mean, Iā€™d be fine for Anderson and maybe Votto, but Iā€™m not targeting any of them.

Iā€™ve been trying to get a top ten pitcher for him no luck so far, either no one knows who he is or theyā€™re all fading him

WTH? Thatā€™s ridiculous. With FIFTY players rostered, I imagine that there is NOTHING on the wire, right? If so, and if you could keep him, Iā€™d honestly drop 1 more than the next highest bid. But, in a vacuum, 60%.

Iā€™d drop Kluber without hesitation. Fine for Carrasco, too, and if you had to, Walker. Not McCullers or Maeda.

1 Like

Thereā€™s got to be someone worse on your roster you can drop, no? Iā€™m not dropping Means.

Thank you for your time again. Would u drop Narvaez for any of Stalling, Garver, Nola, Murphy or hold? Redraft points

1 Like

Yeah, to an extent. I was never SUPER high on him, but heā€™s been unlucky thus far, and heā€™s still walking enough and putting up enough counting stats that Iā€™d think a rebound is coming. But not quite at spring/draft value. At a discount, of course. Stressing the low portion of buy low.

Madrigal kind of is what he is at this point - he will help in batting average and runs and nothing else. Iā€™d rather go with Wong, Polanco, Hiura, or Rojas, honestly. Any of them.

1 Like

I was offering Adolis to acquire Means.

You should offer up whoever can give you the best return based on their value. I rank them Gausman . . . Lopez/Stroman . . . Matz, so Iā€™d prefer to deal Matz first, for sure. But put them all on the block, see what the return is.

Unless youā€™re in a really shallow league, you gotta keep. Position flexibility, was a top-100 player. Heā€™ll have value, even if he is out another month.

1 Like

Yeah, I think heā€™s got enough upside to matter. I wouldnā€™t swap him for Kelenic, but certainly Kaprielian, and probably Sano.

As much as I hate to deal deGrom, think you have to do that. Itā€™s just ridiculous value. Couldnā€™t turn it down.

2 Likes