Weekly Fantasy Baseball Chat (5/17)

10-team league… you can probably drop him, but only if you are replacing him with an immediate need. Don’t drop just to drop.

1 Like

Ask yourself this question: Would I be thrilled to draft Rogers again next year in the 20th round? I think so, so I’d want to hold him as his value will remain high until next season (for you).

1 Like

This is really based on team need. If you need saves, then obviously you’d want the Cruz/Chapman side. If you want BA, it’s LeMahieu’s side. Personally, I think the LeMahieu/Giolito side is better because they are harder to replace (you can find saves and power, albeit not always easily).

Is Luzardo or Sale a better IL stash?

1 Like

Definitely Willie Calhoun. He’s hitting leadoff, currently doing well, just homered off of Gerrit Cole, and may finally be rounding into the form many expected when he was a highly-touted prospect.

I worry about Sale coming off TJ surgery, as it usually takes some time for pitchers to get back into their regular form. So I’d rather have Luzardo as an IL stash.

12 team, 15 cat $260 auction league:

I have Robert at $0 on a 3 year contract, where he will cost $5 in ‘22 and $10 in ‘23 and then can also be extended at +$5 per year.

I have been offered Freddie Freeman ($66, can be extended but no one ever is at that price) and JDM (final year of contract, can’t be extended)

I am 5-1 and have been dealing with double digit players on the IL (21 active roster slots). This trade is a great value now with the Robert injury, but should I do it? I feel I don’t need it to compete. I have Olson/Lowe at first.

Some on IL are deGrom, K Marte, Springer, Buxton, Robert, Luzardo, Gonsolin, Stras, Gallen, Valdez.

I appreciate it! I have Saves/Holds covered but agree power may be a little harder to replace. Thanks again bud

1 Like

Tough question because everyone values players differently, but Rendon is quite good and shouldn’t be viewed poorly. I would think someone in the range of Kyle Gibson would be relatively easy. I’d want someone like Freddy Peralty or Jack Flaherty if I could, but again, everyone’s valuations are different.

Is Yermin Mercedes value going down as he scuffles with the manager?

What are your thoughts on Kyle Lewis ROS? I recently dropped him for some short-term pitching help in my 12-team H2H. I’m considering bringing him back.

1. That IL is amazing…
  2. Who are you dealing away in this trade? Robert? I can see the upgrade in Freeman and JDM easily, but that’s great value on Robert.

If that’s the trade, it’s reallllllly hard to say no to the immediate value you would get in return. Freeman and JDM may cost a lot in terms of auction money, but they have no in-season $ issues, right? I think I’d pull the trigger and trust that I can find another cheap Robert-like in the coming years.

Very torn. Ultimately, I think I’m out on him for the time being. There are usually plenty of OF on FA that can replace someone like him.

I don’t think so. He’s hitting so well that his spot in the lineup is secure for the foreseeable future, and he’s batting cleanup today. It’s not like his manager is trying to push him out.

You simply have to hold onto deGrom and cross your fingers that he’s the same pitcher when he gets back. Nothing more to do on that front (you do not trade him).

Bumgarner appears to be leveling off, which is a good thing. He’s not great anymore – four consecutive seasons with a sub-4.00 ERA – but he’s still quite good – 4.15 ERA. That’s fine.

Short answer, I don’t think you should make a move, but you definitely don’t need to.

Do you think Jeff McNeil can salvage his season? I’m concerned that he over-bulked up to hit more homers and he lost his swing and line drive hitting approach.

I’m sorry for that Trout injury… what a bummer.

I wouldn’t do that trade. People are going to target Trout thinking they are buying low. If you’re going to move him, that price needs to be astronomical in a keeper league.

I’m slowly starting to doubt him. I was a big believer that he’d always find a way to hit, but I am admittedly concerned. The only saving grace is that he’s weirdly been a half-season hitter, where he completely revamps his approach at random times. If you have a spot for him, hold on, but I do think it’s time to consider that he’s not coming back to what we thought.

Above all else, if it’s a points league (where IP usually count as points), then SP value is always through the roof. I’d want Cole in that deal for sure.

He’s been good, but it’s tough to waste a bench spot on a catcher if your IL is already taken. With that being said, the reports are that he will be back soon, so if you can hold out for another week, do it.