Mike Tagliere Fantasy Football AMA

Off the top of my head, Mike Davis, Myles Gaskin, and Chase Edmonds are the clear winners post-draft. They’re all in line for significant roles despite many thinking their teams would draft a running back early.

Those moving down significantly include Melvin Gordon, Brandin Cooks (all of the Texans, really), and Hayden Hurst.

Thank you, Artimus! I’d lean with Michael Thomas, 100 percent. He’s younger and has flashed No. 1 WR upside on multiple occasions. Robinson is somoene who’s openly said he wants to win a Super Bowl, so he might go to a team that is stacked once his franchise tag with the Bears is up.

1 Like

What is your favorite type of adult beverage?

1 Like

Who will be the best WR outside of the obvious top 3-4?

1 Like

I’m going with Aiyuk, pretty easily. Defensive players are so volatile, I wouldn’t place too much value on them. Aiyuk now has an upgrade who can take advantage of his ability to get open down the field. What Aiyuk did during his rookie year with backup quarterbacks was remarkable. He should be an every-week starter with Lance under center.

Hi,

We have a redraft league and for the first time have decided against the draft order being based on league position.

Do you have any good ideas on ways we can decide this years draft order?

1 Like

10 Team 1/2 PPR Keeper League. Get to keep two. My options are Antonio Gibson in the 14th, Lamar Jackson in the 9th, and JK Dobbins in the 6th. Which two would you keep?

1 Like

Hey Banks! Yeah, it’s tough for me to recommend rostering many players from the Ravens passing attack, as the pass attempts will be limited. Brown is a better real-life football player than fantasy player right now, and will see fewer targets with Bateman in the mix. As for Bateman, best case scenario, he sees 80-100 targets, which isn’t guaranteed top-30 production, and that’s his ceiling with the current state of the offense. If you can get something of value for Brown (check the May version of the dynasty trade value chart), I would.

Looking at my Rookie draft and I feel I will have the option of Etienne or Williams for RB. I’m leaning Williams. For a long term payoff, don’t need him this year. Thoughts?

1 Like

Thought i was a contender this year but now I’m freaking out post draft about my roster in my 1QB half ppr dynasty league. Is there anyone I should try to move and what should I aim to get in return? I have no picks in the 1st 3 rounds of our rookie/FA draft.
Wilson
Burrow

Swift
Taylor
James Robinson
Damien Harris
L Murray
White

Adams
Hill
AJ Brown
Antonio Brown
Reagor
Pittman

Tonyan
Henry

1 Like

It’s tough to say because so much can happen by that point, but here are my most up-to-date rankings! Mike Tagliere’s Top 50 Rookie Rankings (2021 Fantasy Football) | FantasyPros

If you’re a contender, I’d be willing to trade a future (most likely late) first-round pick for him. If he is traded, it’ll likely be to a team that needs WR help, and with all the mouths in Atlanta now, we can’t say that him moving would be a bad thing. The Titans are a team that might consider making a move for him, which would be solid.

However, you must bring up Jones’ situation to the other owner as a reason to get him cheaper. Let him know why you’re unwilling to pay top dollar. Who knows, maybe you can get him for a few 2nd rounders and a player.

Hello Tags,

I run a 12 person auction league ($200 draft budget: $100 FAAB) with some pretty custom QB scoring. Because of this most QB rankings don’t really fit our league. how would you approach ranking QBs based on the following scoring?
1 point per completion
-1 point per incompletion
6 points for passing and rushing TD
Yard bonus at 300, 350, and 400.

1 Like

They are based on my personal rankings, as well as perceived value for each individual position. Like, if you wanted to insert your rankings, just keep the values the same and put your players in the slots. When it comes to future draft picks, that’s based on statistical evidence.

1 Like

Hey Tags, I‘m from Germany and we play a 10-Team Superflex Dynasty League half-ppr. I have the 1.04 but already Kyler Murray, Joe Burrow and Matt Ryan at QB. Should I trade down? What is the best pick? Trank you!

1 Like

If you’re competing now (I always play to win now), Smith would be my pick, as he has an instant path to 120-plus targets on a weak Eagles depth chart. Meanwhile, Jaylen Waddle might have a higher long-term ceiling, but doesn’t have the path to consistent targets right away with Parker and Fuller on the roster.

I think the Steelers drafted players who they believe will help their offense be more potent right now, rather than take a second-tier offensive lineman who might be a bust. This seems like the last year they’re giving Ben to win, and once he’s gone, they’re likely to go into rebuild mode. I love Najee Harris, but running back is a convenience position to draft where you should have a complete team if selecting one in the first round. I can’t say they do have a complete team after free agency, but Harris will help take some pressure off Roethlisberger.

Hi Tags,

got Pick 1.02 in our Rookie-Draft (1QB, PPR). My team:

QB: Mahomes
RB1: CMC
RB2: CEH
RB3: M. Davis
WR1: Lamb
WR2: Pittman Jr.
WR3: M. Brown
TE:Kmet/Schultz

Pick 1.01 will most likely be Najee Harris.Should I even consider Kyle Pitts or do I Pick Chase?

1 Like

I don’t see him making an impact his first year, no. They’re a run-first team that runs a lot of 12 personnel, so we don’t see a third wide receiver a whole lot. He’s also a fifth-round pick, which isn’t great historically for production out of the gate. Here’s the article I wrote on this subject: How To Value Rookies in Fantasy Football (Pre/Post-Draft) | FantasyPros

1 Like

I wouldn’t, no. In a 10-team league, it’s all about owning studs, and Barkley is a stud. Depth isn’t as important in 10-team leagues.