Mike Tagliere Fantasy Football AMA

Mike Tagliere will be live Thursday, May 6, at 12:00 pm ET for an Ask Me Anything. Submit your questions ahead of time or join us live.

Who are a handful of players moving up and down your rankings after the Draft?

1 Like

Hey Tags… Thanks for all the great advice and content over the years. Right or wrong, respect “the process.” and there are no regrets. Frustration maybe… but always fun.

Trying to decide between Michael Thomas and Allen Robinson in dynasty. Most experts have them close in the rankings but Tags you have Thomas much higher. Is Thomas still the best option with Fields a potential upgrade at QB in Chicago?

1 Like

I’m in a 16 team league. We keep 5 this year in a league reset year. we start the Following:
1 QB
2 RB
3WR
1TE
1 RB/WR/TE flex
1 K
1 DST
1 LB
1 DB
1 DL
1 IDP Flex

24 Man Rosters. this league Kinda a different scoring system. No Rookie Draft. We have 1 draft with all the unkept Vets with Rookies included.
My Keepers for sure are
Justin Herbert 6056 fantasy points in 2020
AJ Brown/ 1678 Points
Chris Carson/ 1410 points
Darius leonard/ 1375 Points

The Issue I have is the 5th keeper spot.
James Robinson/ 1965 points but lost value after the Draft
Brandon Aiyuk./ 1198 points
Budda Baker/ 1263 points
Zach Cunningham/ 1484 points
I also have Gus Edwards, Lamical Perine

Who do I keep for that 5th spot???
My Draft Picks are 2.15, 3.1, 3.2 so targeting some of the top guys is not possible
Zach Moss / Micheal Carter/ Kenny Gainwell if availible for RB

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks for doing this. 12 team standard dynasty, start 1-2 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-2 TE, 1-2 K (total starts is 11) 43 man roster. I have lamar jackson and marquise brown but should I shop Brown around because of the low pass attempts? Also, would you stay away from Bateman for the same reason? I am in need of RB’s (have Jonathan Taylor and CEH only).

2 Likes

Hello,
thanks for doing this. 12 team standard dynasty, start 1-2 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-2 TE, 1-2 K (total starts is 11) 43 man roster. I have the 2.02, 204, 208 picks in our draft. We do the first round before the actual draft and the people taken were lawrence, fields, wilson, etienne, pitts, chase, harris, javonte williams, waddle, lance, devonta smith, terrace marshall.

who would you be targeting with those picks? my only 2 good RBs are JT and CEH.

thanks

1 Like

I see your dynasty value for Julio Jones is about a first-round pick in dynasty rookie drafts (SF league, so add in the QBs). I’m a contender, and Julio is on the block. How long do I wait to see if he’s traded? Is that something that could happen all the way up to the start of the season? I’m just worried that he’s going to end up in a worse spot and lose value. Is that something I should worry about, or just target him at his current value and assume it will at least hold entering the season?

1 Like

Tags… are your Dynasty Trade Values based on your personal rankings or your opinion of the perceived value of the player?

1 Like

Hey Tags, loved the coverage of the draft you guys did! My question is who do you think should be the second WR off the board after Chase in 1QB dynasty rookie drafts now that we know landing spots? Specifically Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle?

1 Like

Hey Tags, huge fan of you’re guys show. Big Steelers fan here. I have a crazy theory about how we went about our draft this year. We definitely needed offense line help, but we went skill positions first with RB and TE which don’t get me wrong ( I love the picks) just feel we should have addressed the line first for Big ben. Unless here’s where my theory comes in. Our o-line isn’t as bad if we have a mobile QB in like Haskins, or even Rudolph. And if that’s true, do you think that’s how the Steelers organization is looking at it. They brought him back this year despite everything going on. But if he gets hurt early in the year and one of the back ups fill in like they wanted to this year no harm no foul on them this way.

1 Like

Hey Tags, do you see Ihmir Smith-Marsette making a fantasy impact in 2021, or is he just a dynasty stash?

1 Like

Dynasty PPR League -

Would you trade S Barkley for Dobbins, Antonio Gibson, 2022 2nd?
(Other backs are Zeke and C Carson)
10 team league.

1 Like

Tags, now that Tee Higgins upside is capped with Ja’Marr Chase, who is another WR that you are expecting to be this year’s value? And if you have one for RB that would be great too!

1 Like

Hey Tags! I hope you’re having a great week man. I know you’ve been busy with the move recently and I’m really sorry to hear about the recent loss in your family. Wishing you the best!

Cam Akers is someone I’m pretty high on for the upcoming season, but his redzone efficiency scares me a little bit. When he took over the starting job in week 13, he had a total of 22 redzone carries from weeks 13-17. He only scored on 1. Is this something that worries you for next season ? And always thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hi Tags , Greets from Germany to my Fantasy Jesus , im following in true faith ! I own in a HalfPPR Superflex Dynasty 10 Team League the 1.03 AND 1,07 Picks .**Please rank the following possible Options for me available at this spot with ya holy expertise :** QB Lance, Fields , Wilson, RB Harris, RB Etienne, TE Pitts , WR Chase ( i got QB Tannehill, QB D.Jones QB C.Wentz -RBs Swift , M.Sanders, CEH, C.Carson, M.Gaskin-TE M.Andrews-WR ARob, Dionte Johnson, R.Woods) Thanks Mike !

1 Like

Hello MIke, I have joined a team dynasty league and we have completed our veterans draft and we have the rookie draft in the coming days. The league is a 10 league with very deep rosters. The format is tight end premium/ half a point. The rosters consist of 2 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 2 TE, 5 flexs and totals 13 defense of players with a 23 man bench. My starting roster consist of the following

QB Josh Allen
QB Lamar Jackson
RB Nick Chubb & Derrick Henry
WR Diontae Johnson & Laviska Shenault
TE Gronk & Adam Trautman & Harrison Byrant
FLX JK Dobbins & David Montgomery & Tyler Boyd & AJ Dillon & Corey Davis

(Darnold & Luck are my backup QBs)
(have decent RB bench depth with Harris. G. Edwards, Hines, & Mckissic)
(Bad depth at WR with Bourne and a few shot plays)

I have the 2nd Pick (I was planning on drafting Pitts) and the 13 pick (looking at the large group of WR, Devonte Williams, or if a QB drops). My question is if I should trade derrick Henry. I have found an offer for the 7th pick (projecting the draft) where I think I can get Harris, Smith, & Waddle. Should I be excited about the 7th pick? or hold Henry and live another day?

Also is there anything you would do differently in terms of WR and TE with pick 2? Thoughts

Also, without knowing the other teams is this a contender or a pretender?

Thank you Mike,

1 Like

Hi,
Was just wondering what you thought a good trade offer would be in order to be able to get CMC from another owner in a dynasty league? What would it take realistically?

1 Like

Hi Tags! This feels a little gross to even ask, but I was going to plan for life after Kelce with this draft (Dynasty, HPPR). At the end of the season, Pitts seemed like a reasonable get at 1.06, but it’s become obvious that that’s not going to happen. I also have Ertz and Trautman. So should I be trying like hell to trade up for Pitts, wait and grab Freiermuth later, or not be so excited to plan for a future w/o Kelce and address it later?

1 Like

Hi Tags!
Thanks for taking the time do this. Love listening to the podcast and your live streams during the season! I’m glad to see you made it home safely with your wife driving and that your move to Nashville went well! Check out Peg Leg Porker for bbq if you haven’t already.

I’m in my first dynasty league (1QB, 1/2ppr) and we have our maiden rookie draft coming up. The maiden rookie draft is a snake with 3rd reversal and I have the 1.01, 2.12, 3.12, 4.01, and 5.12. At this point, no one is really trading anything. Would you suggest keeping the 1.01 and grabbing one of Harris/ETN/Chase and seeing what else falls or trying to trade back and see if I can get a 2022 or 2023 pick in addition or a different strategy all together?

Thanks in advance for taking time out of your day!

2 Likes

Hey Tags! What you doing with GB skill position players in dynasty right now, especially the non Adam’s, Jones types? Trying to sell or hold and pray!?! Asking for a friend…

1 Like