Kyle Yates Fantasy Football AMA

Thank you so much for hanging out with us! For me, it’s still Waddle. He’s going to be used in the slot heavily right out of the gate and fed those short-area targets, which will allow him to use his speed and YAC ability. Smith’s certainly in the conversation, but I’m personally leaning Waddle.

Potentially, except Haskins and Rudolph are not mobile QBs at all. With the selection of Harris, it’s a chicken or the egg conversation. What fixes what? Does a good RB fix the running game or does a good offensive line and a second-tier RB fix it for you? The Steelers seem to think that it’s the former.

Good morning Kyle,

Big fan! I have pick 6 in a 10-team standard keeper league. Assuming the first 5 picks are some combo of CMC, Barkley, Kamara, Cook, and Henry, who is your RB to draft (Taylor is kept and off the board)? Thanks, Max

That’s a great idea. The issue is that there’s no one-size-fits-all Dynasty league. So some players that we’d mention would never be dropped in larger leagues, whereas they might not even be rostered in smaller leagues. It’s very difficult to find that balance with end-of-the-roster players. It’s probably something that would be better served as an article versus a podcast form. Great idea though…

Dynasty league - Got offered my choice of either Golladay or Juju and 3 firsts (1.07 this year, one next year, one in 2023) for Hopkins. Would you do it for either of those guys? My WR1 would be Allen Robinson. I currently don’t have a 2022 or 2023 1st.

Big fan Yates! I have a dynasty superflex rookie draft next week. I’m currently drafting 7 out of 12. I have Mahomes and Kirk cousins for qbs. Fairly set at rb with Dalvin and Kamara along with decent depth. I am ok at wr. Weak at TE. Do I roll the dice on pitts or chase if they are there or take Mac Jones or Wilson if he falls to me? I’m assuming g I’ll be faced with Mac, Pitts, and ETN as the best players available when I’m on the clock

This is always a tough transition to make because the value placed on QBs is so different from 1QB leagues to Superflex. You’ll need to start loading up on QBs within the next couple of years to make sure that you have enough in place to compete. If you do not have QBs in a SF league, you’re simply not going to compete. I’d aim to have at least 4QBs on your roster by the time that you make the switch to the SF league.

Thanks Kyle! I’m in a 10 team, standard non-PPR league. We keep 2 players, not at the same position, based on last seasons stat performance. I have pick 1.09 and will be keeping Dalvin Cook. At 2.02 I have the choice of either 1) Keeping AJ Brown or 2) Letting Brown go, keeping Chris Godwin and giving up a 6th round pick, and drafting whoever is left at 2.02. I’ve been a Kelce owner for years but can’t keep both him and Cook. We have a WR/TE combo position. TE not required in our league. But I think Kelce could be better than Brown overall so I’m leaning letting Brown go, keeping Godwin which appears to be good value in the 6th and drafting Kelce, hoping he’s there.

I kind of agree. Once you get past the top-3 WRs (Chase, Waddle, Smith) and the top-3 RBs (Harris, Etienne, Williams), it’s a lot of dart throws. Some players can absolutely return value, but it’s not a deep class when it comes to top-tier contributors.

If I can ensure that I can get Harris with the 1.07, which I really don’t think you’re going to be able to, then I make that move. Otherwise, I just stay put with Derrick Henry. The drop-off from Henry to Etienne or Williams isn’t enough to make that move for me outright.

Good morning Kyle,
What are your top 4 sports venues/locations that you’ve attended
so far?

If I’m that high in the Dynasty rookie draft, I’m usually looking to soak up value and go with the QB. Walking away with either of Fields or Lance is a home-run. From there, you can look to move Ryan or Wentz after they have a couple of solid games. Otherwise, your roster is pretty stacked. I’d be looking to corner the QB market in your league and deepen your roster there.

1 Like

Those are some funky settings. I would personally aim for getting that top-tier RB right after QB and then grabbing some solid WR depth afterwards. Then snagging another RB in the mid-rounds. Just with the importance of having to start 3WRs, I think it’s important to load up there. But don’t get locked into a strategy. Let the draft come to you.

No, I’m going to stay put there and snag Najee Harris. That’s a no-brainer pick for me.

I’m betting on Newsome. I think that he has the clearest path to targets and opportunity in an offense that now has Justin Fields. Plus, I loved what I saw from him on tape.

1 Like

Love that start. I’m literally writing a Dynasty Rookie Sleepers article right now. I’ll give you a sneak peek as to who the players I’m mentioning are:

1. Dazz Newsome
  2. Larry Rountree
  3. Jaelon Darden
  4. Ihmir Smith-Marsette
  5. Cornell Powell
  6. Chris Evans
  7. Jonathan Adams Jr.

As for adult beverage, I’m usually a beer guy. If you can get your hands on it, you have to try Oberon from Bell’s Brewing sometime. It’s a Michigan beer. Otherwise, I love a good Moscow Mule.

Hi Yates! Please grade our superflex rookie draft moves:
Traded 1.06 & 2.05 for 1.03 & 3.03

Got Lance & Fields, to add to our QB room of…Brees Rivers & Foles

Scooped St. Brown & Eskridge at 3.03 & 3.06 respectively

Cherry on top with Jermar Jefferson in the fourth.

Great questions. For Tyler Boyd, I’m honestly kind of nervous. I think that he can still be a solid fantasy asset, but I’m not holding my breath that he turns out to be anything more than a WR3 for fantasy this season.

As for Mike Davis and potentially selling him, I’m absolutely in favor of selling him off if I can get a solid return and I have the depth behind him to support it. Unfortunately, it sounds like you don’t. This might be one of the situations where you simply have to ride it out with Davis this year and hope that he can help push you towards a fantasy title. If your team starts to falter halfway through the year, I’d consider selling him off then. However, you might be stuck with him for 2021 just because of how little depth you have behind him. Chase after the championship if you can.

I would honestly hold onto Swift and use that second overall pick on Ja’Marr Chase. You get younger at the WR position and you still get to hold onto a talented RB in Swift.

I personally think Marquise Brown is borderline irrelevant for fantasy now. He’ll still have his big blow-up performances here or there, but trying to predict when those happen is going to be a nightmare. I’m willing to let someone else deal with the headache.