Kyle Yates Fantasy Football AMA

Hey Yates! Dynasty HPPR. Hasty, Ahmed, or Jeffery worth a speculative add?

Good Morning Kyle,

I have just started a new dynasty and we are about to begin the rookie draft. The commissioner thought it would be a great idea to add defensive players and he made the scoring to create a similar value in comparison to offensive players. For the defense the format is 3 of each DL, LB, DB and 4 IDPs and the scoring is as followed.

IDP TD = 6
Sack = 3
HIt on QB = 2
Tackle = 1
Tackle for loss 3
Int = 6
FR =6
FF=3
Pass defended = 4

So if someone gets a sack it = 9 points (I am hoping we make adjusts next year) and top defensive players produce about 200 points. (some variation aka TJ Watt) I know the scoring is crazy but I am dealing with it. My question is should I be worried about drafting defensive players much in the rookie draft or wait for waivers? What round should I be open to drafting them (the draft is 6 rounds)?

Thank you for everything

So in a PPR non superflex dynasty league I was made this offer. I’d receive Keenan Allen, the 19th overall rookie draft pick, and the guys 2nd round pick (probably mid round pick) and he would get Deandre Swift and a 5th rounder for me. I do have Tyler Boyd and DJ moore as my top receivers currently. I’d also still have Alvin Kamara and Austin Ekeler as my RBs afterwards. I already have the 2nd, 8th, and 13th overall picks in this years rookie draft as well. Do I take this trade or would it be smarter to try and move Kamara? Thanks!

Hi Kyle, in my dynasty league I was offered Alvin Kamara and 1.10 for DeAndre Swift Cooper Kupp and pick 5.02

My question is given the state of New Orleans and the upgrades to Detroit offensive line with OC Lynn, would this be as good of a trade as it seems on paper?

Hi Yates,

Ridley or Dobbins full point PPR? Thanks and take care.

Hey yates, what’s the least value youd be willing to trade out of the 1 spot for? (yes i suck at ff). Cmc is obviously valuable, but whay kind of trade makes it worth it? Late 1, early 2? 2 1sts? Thanks for the advice

Just had a TE prem (1.5ppr) SF rookie draft, and though Mahomes is my only starting QB, picks 1-4 were back to back QBs. At thr 1.07 I just could not justify taking Mac Jones over Kyle Pitts.

So now I have Pitts and Hockenson as my TEs, do I hold and draft a rookie QB next year or try to trade one of them for a QB? If so which one and for what kinda QB would you trade?

Thanks!

Hey Yates! My 12 team single QB league does a lottery for the teams who didnt make the semis. I have the 7th best odds. Where is the tier break for you from 1 to 2? Thanks!

Hey Kyle! 12 team 1qb .5ppr dynasty - Traded 1.05 for Mixon a few weeks back. Have Drake Tevin Gio Sony Pollard Singletary and Moss. Is that RB core strong enough for “Win now”? Herbert/Hurts, Ridley/Godwin/Obj, Goedert/Jonnu sets me up pretty well but I’m worried about my RBs. Thank you sir!

Would you rather have David Montgomery and Kenny Golladay or pick 1.05 & 1.06 in a 12 man .5ppr Superflex Dynasty league? Not looking for QBs as I already have Herbert, Hurts and Allen. How close is it?

Hey Kyle! Standard league keeper question.
I’ll be picking 9th in a 10-man, should I hang on to:
Chubb in the 1st round
Akers or Swift in the 6th
Or Lamar in the 10th ?

Thanks for all your help!

Well, you sniped Zach Wilson from me and ignored my trade request. And then proceeded to snipe D’Wayne Eskridge from me. I’m never talking to you again.

1 Like

Hi, I’m in a 12 team ppr super flex dynasty league in its second year. Made a lot of mistakes (IMO) and got a lot of holes in my roster and not too many picks. I have staford, Ryan and Winston at QB. Robinson, Taylor and Damien Harris at RB. JuJu, Evans,Cooks, Parker, Mike Williams, Gage at WR. Tonyan and Herndon at TE.
Got picks 1.02, 2.10,2.12,3.12 and 4.12

Any advice on picks, trades or anything else on how to improve my team?

Thanks!

Asked of Tags yesterday, but curious on your perspective. I was going to plan for life after Kelce with this draft (Dynasty, HPPR). Pitts isn’t going to happen at the 1.06. I also have Ertz and Trautman. So should I be trying like hell to trade up for Pitts, wait and grab Freiermuth later, or not be so excited to plan for a future w/o Kelce and address it later? Thanks!

I would personally be looking to trade down a couple of spots to someone who’s looking to get one of those QBs. I think you’re in a good spot with your QBs, so getting some extra value and then snagging Najee would be a good move. Otherwise, if you can’t move down, draft the QB there and then look to move one of your other QBs for a proven RB.

So IDP leagues are outside my comfort zone and I’m not the right person to ask for those players specifically. However, I’d be the most inclined to keep Brandon Aiyuk. He’s an ascending player in an offense that’s about to go nuclear with Trey Lance at QB.

Sup? Love Fantasy Pros! Quick question for you. 12 team . 5 PPR keeper league. I have the 5th pick. Keep two Akers in the 3rd, Gibson in the 5th, or Waller in the sixth.

If your league goes RB early, it might be wise to soak up some value at that position. Dobbins might not get the work to be a top-12 RB, but he’ll certainly be in that range this season with this offensive structure and how talented he is. If you don’t feel comfortable with that price tag on Dobbins, I’d look to go with Claypool for a 16th. That’s screaming value.

It all depends on who’s currently on your roster at the QB position. If Zach Wilson is still there, I’d look to snag him just for solid depth at the position and taking advantage of a solid player falling in a talented and top-heavy class. Otherwise, you should have your pick of Jaylen Waddle, Travis Etienne, or Javonte Williams. It’s all dependent upon your roster needs though.

I have the 1.01 and 1.02 in a ppr 1qb team. I have deep wrs but only Jacobs at rb and Andrew at TE. Only qb is lock so I’m probably not competing next year. Was probably gonna take Chase at 1 but thinking about trading 1.02. Should I do this or draft Harris and trade him during season? Scared of Steeler Oline.