10 Team, PPR, 2nd pick, snake draft

Will be taking Cook first. But then what is my best procession in subsequent rounds? QB, RB, WR?

Don’t get so dialed in on one player that you eschew a better player who happens to fall. With the 2nd pick, there’s a very good chance you could still get Derrick Henry or even Ezekiel Elliott, so don’t handicap yourself with a RB who’s always on IR when the playoffs arrive if you don’t have to.

The best strategy from there is to take the best player available when you are on the clock. Again, too much emphasis on “targeting” certain players can cause you to miss out on falling values (like Henry or Zeke in the 1st).

Thank you. I agree, Cook is an injury risk. But he did play in 14 games last year. I worry about Henry getting tired.

And thanks for the “best player available”, that’s good strategy. I get concerned that I should pick a WR at 19, then another RB at 21, etc. I think I will dive in on Mahomes, Allen, or Kelce at 19 if they are available (unlikely).

I appreciate your thoughts.

Don’t. Only humans get tired.

1 Like

Cook started for me in the championship playoffs last season. Got me 85 total yards and a TD. Pretty far from IR. Get your facts straight.

And you were doing so well. You start out with a great piece of advice, then toss out the baby with the bath water. When Cook plays, like he did in 14 games the last 2 seasons, he is generally better than Henry or Zeke. If you’re willing to forego 2-3 games this year, Cook will likely bring you closer to the playoffs and/or a championship.

I love how you prop up Kirk Cousins, the weakest part of the Vikings offense, and downgrade Cook, the best part of it. Cook played a great 14 games, whereas Cousins only played well the last 8.

Most casual FF players are aware of Cook’s value. Many serious FF players are not aware of Cousins’ value. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

So you admit Cook has more value than Cousins? Thank you!

Reading comprehension doesn’t appear to be your strong suit. I said no such thing.

Is that your game? Just make up something, attribute it to me, and then mock it?

This is known as a strawman fallacy.

Glad to see you admit that you think Cousins is worth more than Cook, thereby proving you’re wrong. Moving right along…

Reading comprehension doesn’t appear to be your strong suit. I said no such thing.

Is that your game? Just make up something, attribute it to me, and then mock it?

This is known as a strawman fallacy.

You keep making arguments in support of Cousins and against Cook. What aspect am I missing here?

Do you even know what a strawman is? If anything, YOU brought up the strawman by introducing Cousins into this debate (granted it was on another thread). But when I carried it over here, you tipped your hand:

Pot, meet kettle. You’re pumping Cousins cause you think he’s undervalued.

Yes, he is; doesn’t mean I think he’s worth more than Cook, however.

That is still no reason to ignore Cook’s value?

Ignore it? Your original accusation was that I was downgrading it. So which is it?

Cook #2 RB
Cousins Top 10 QB last year.

Both on my team

I win

You tell me, which one are you doing? If you want to mince words, I’ll let you define your own actions.

I guess if you’ve forgotten what you were accusing me of doing, then we’re done here.

That you think Cousins has more value then cooks…there I stirred the pot and added wood. Lets go I have smores waiting to be made.

Well sure. Brandin Cooks doesn’t go til like the 10th round.

I love it! When you’re losing the argument, change the subject! Trollery at its finest!