WR/TE Combo Option

New to the site.
Am I missing an option to combine WR/TE in the ranking sheets?
All the sheets I see on the site have them separated.
WR and TEs are all treated equally in my league. :slight_smile:
Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome aboard!

I don’t see any options for that. Sorry.

Bummer. This is one of the few sites that doesn’t have that option. Being one of the higher rated sites, I guess I expected it…

1 Like

Why would you want it and why would you put them together?
When the NFL sees no difference let me know?

There are fantasy leagues that offer no dedicated TE slot, but only combined WR/TE ones. For those leagues, a combined WR/TE ranking would be helpful.

3 Likes

I get that but we seem to be losing the NFL in Fantasy and I do not wish to do that. IF I did I would play video games vs Fantasy Football.

In my view, you can create 97 different ways of playing this game and to each his own and best of luck.

However, this is still NFL Fantasy which has countless millions playing. If and when you ignore the reason we are all here you lose the purpose of the game.

FWIW

A real example:

Let’s add TE’s to WR’s

Let’ eliminate Kickers.

Let’s play with 2 QB’s.

NFL Fantasy Football or sand lot kid stuff?

1 Like

While I agree with you about TE’s should have their own unique position, I am on the fence about kickers, and I love superflex, since it gives more value to the QB position.

2 Likes

Kyle Yates’ Fantasy Playbook Tournament has a nice format:

Half-PPR

QB
SFLEX (QB/RB/WR/TE)
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE (premium /full PPR)
FLEX (RB/WR/TE)

No K, no D/ST.

That’s about the best balanced format I have played yet. QB gets extra value, because of SFLEX. WR gets extra value because you need to start 3. TE gets extra value because of the extra 0.5 PPR. And RB is valuable, anyway. :sweat_smile:

Maybe I’ll change my mind after the season, but so far, I’m loving it.

1 Like

I appreciate that and it is very good BUT what of the NFL who brought us all here? How many new formats will come in before no one knows which way is up?

YOU HAVE TO SEE IT COMING!!!

Fantasy football is only loosely related to the NFL. A good NFL player is not necessarily a good fantasy asset, and vice versa.

If you wanted to take a purist approach, you’d have to play a 32 team league with standard scoring, starting QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX. Could be a fun thing, but wouldn’t be my preference.

1 Like

It started with the NFL and the reason people played was to be closer to a part of the NFL, however misguided.

NOT purist but remembering the foundation before going crazy. You go to extremes when I look for common sense.

You talk about keeping in real with the NFL, but that’s just what we are doing. We want to give our owners the ability to craft their offense to mimic their offensive style preference, just like the ACTUAL NFL.

5 wide? We got you.
3 tight ends power formation? No problem.
Split out a 2nd QB? Sure!

QB
QB/WR/TE
RB/WR
RB/WR
WR/TE
WR/TE

I respect those leagues who still require TEs, I still play on some, but let’s be honest, you’re argument for why you need them really doesn’t hold in today’s NFL.

When I started playing fantasy football 30 years ago, the NFL was a very different thing. Bellcow RB’s were the norm, not a unicorn like today. It is a much more pass-oriented game. (whether that is good or bad is another debate)

Regardless, fantasy football has changed with the game itself. We see more flex positions now, so owners can reflect the variety of offenses they see on the field. In effect, the flex positions allow the owner to reflect the talent he has on the roster, as opposed to having to fit a strict lineup format. This allows for more flexibility in drafting, and better team performance overall.

1 Like

5 wide? We got you.
3 tight ends power formation? No problem.
Split out a 2nd QB? Sure!

Agree with the fkex options for WR’s and RB’s However, you need play by play substitutions for 3 TE’s and 2 RB’s.

Where in Fantasy do you need a third blocking TE for a power formation? Nowhere. How often for all teams for the entire season does a 2nd QB split out?
Tell me how and when anyone in your league used these so called options?

Agree but there are or should be limitations as lines are being crossed. JMO

Man, do you take the fun out of everything you do? lol j/k

My fantasy only goes so far. lol