League Format Thoughts

I have started a new Dynasty Hybrid league to take effect next year after this start up and would like opinions on what I came up with.

It is a 10 team league with half PPR and positions are QB, WR, RB, TE, 2 W/R, W/R/T, DST and K. with 6 bench and 3 IR.

A Manager can keep 8 players, can trade picks and there is a separate rookie draft. There is a $100 waiver budget to bid with and a snake draft.

I tried to combine the best of all leagues here while maintaining the integrity of the NFL positions, the excitement of player moves and keeping it simple,

Your input will be appreciated,

1 Like

It worked for me, but we can’t completely judge it until next season. Looking down my roster, if I had to pick my keepers now, it’d be rough. Then again, it still has that “new team smell”.

1 Like

For future keep in mind that Ed and myself plan on starting a new Dynasty league with the guys from here for next year. I also have plans to start a Keeper league to get fans on the right track after the silty stories I’ve heard on what some are playing in.

1 Like

I will tell you I keep one redraft league just for people I work with, which is free, but I use it to experiment with different formats. Currently, it’s a superflex PPR, with the following starters: QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Superflex, K, and DST.

1 Like

I agree Ed, I would have the same problem in who to pick and that is what I was going for, the security of keeping your best but with the excitement of adding the new.

The off season will keep managers busy with the keeper picks, the rookie draft, the draft and many trade options with picks, etc. My one league had trades in July, that’s fantasy fanatics. lol

1 Like

I cannot get my head to accept a 2nd QB but will remain open to debate.

1 Like

I am in one dynasty league that had the rookie draft a week after the NFL draft. That was interesting. There’s been a lot of trades since then.

1 Like

The beauty of superflex is that it makes the QB position more valuable, putting it closer to where it is in the NFL.

In my view QB is the most valuable position in pro sports and does not need two of them to cheapen it,

1 Like

The problem with QB in single QB formats is that it leaves plenty of QB’s on the waiver wire to swap in and out. To give an example, I am in one 16 team superflex league, and the only way to get a new QB is to gamble on some NFL team’s backup or draft one. Every fantasy team in the league carries at least 2, if not more, which is every starter in the NFL plus some. I currently have 6 QB’s plus 1 on IR.

Scarcity creates value.

You make my point. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not really. That particular league has 16 teams and extremely deep benches, thereby creating extreme scarcity at QB. With single QB 10-team leagues and normal bench sizes, most teams carry 2 QB’s, tops. That’s 20 QB’s, leaving 12 starters, plus valuable backups who step into good situations during the season. There’s no reason to carry extra QB’s because you can always raid the waiver wire for them. There is even a valid argument NOT to keep a backup QB, and instead utilize the backup spot for more valuable RB’s and WR’s.