When do you start preparing for your fantasy drafts?

Some people can’t wait to get started … I have friends who begin their research as soon as the previous NFL season ends.

Others would prefer to wait until after the July 4 weekend, or won’t start digging into players until the calendar has flipped to August.

When do you start your research for the next fantasy football season?

This is my first year staying fully involved all year long. I used to peace out after week 17 and then return a few weeks before the start of the season. I’m hoping the extra involvement pays off for the draft and in-season, but we’ll see what happens. I feel like it has set me up nicely with the rookies and seeing their talent and landing spots

2 Likes

All year long. I keep a rolling list of players.

2 Likes

I usually take a break from fantasy from Week 16 to the NFL draft. After the draft I’m back in and start diving into the podcasts and the way-to-early rankings lol

2 Likes

I think if you’re here in May the answer is as close to “all year round” as it gets. :grinning:

1 Like

Im from denkmark and play in a very casual 12-team, .5PPR, 2-keeper League. I am slowly starting to prepare for the draft and listening to the pod aswell, but to be honest: Most of it goes to waste anyway since my league mates aren’t that much into Draft-preparation. They are made of the “Lamar 1.01, mahomes 1.02”-woods which really makes any preparation kind of wasted :smiley:

I’ll keep doing it for fun tho.

Since I’m a commissioner for a dynasty and keeper league I start the first week of March. Reading, planning, mock drafts, and working on my spreadsheets. I have found planning ahead like I do, by the time I get to my re draft league, I’m very prepared and I typically do real well. My league has been around for 10 years and we are very educated when it comes to Fantasy. But planning ahead, I feel like I’m always answering questions.

1 Like