What $ FAAB for Dak? (someone dropped him)

I just spent 30% on a few waiver adds this week, but I always spend big early and don’t give a shit.

I am thinking 7% since no one else in the league seems to need a QB.

I got Trey Lance and Fields as a back up - faded QB since people always drop them in bye weeks, but never thought someone would drop Dak. We even have an IR spot to stash him (which is what I will do after I get him)

1 Like

I cut Dak myself. Not just because of the injury, but because he looked absolutely terrible before he went down. I would have put him on IR, but he had no eligible status by the time waivers were processed.

He went unclaimed. Another owner picked him up a day after he had cleared waivers.

If you believe he will be better after the surgery on his throwing hand than he was before, then by all means, go after him. As for how much to spend on him, the usual wisdom applies: $1 more than you expect other owners to bid for him. 7% does sound reasonable, though. It won’t kill your budget if you get him and he turns out to be a bust this season.

Good luck!

Not a fan but go cheap. If it works IR for later or trade.

No QB in a 10-12 team league starting 1 QB weekly should ever deserve any FAAB. QBs can be picked up for free as easily as Kickers once waivers have processed.

Well, I might throw out a dollar if someone dropped Mahomes, depending on who I had already.

Thanks y’all good advice, I will down my bid but still gonna bid some.

These guys aren’t good enough at FAAB to sweat the bank haha. I do see backup QBs across the league but semi standard half PPR scoring, just 5 pt TDs 2 point INTs and point per 20 passing yard. Does make for more impact for the elite QBs, which is what I’m going for.

Still prefer Trey most weeks but the schedule lines up well and Dak could be a hell of a backup. Say what you want about that first half, wasn’t it a top 5 offense last year? Worth a couple 2 tree bucks of monopoly money :money_mouth_face:

Fyi the player I’m dropping is Toney. Don’t even wanna think about starting him again (separate thread…)

Good luck this weekend kids

Thanks y’all good advice, I will down my bid but still gonna bid some.

These guys aren’t good enough at FAAB to sweat the bank haha. I do see backup QBs across the league but semi standard half PPR scoring, just 5 pt TDs 2 point INTs and point per 20 passing yard. Does make for more impact for the elite QBs, which is what I’m going for.

Still prefer Trey most weeks but the schedule lines up well and Dak could be a hell of a backup. Say what you want about that first half, wasn’t it a top 5 offense last year? Worth a couple 2 tree bucks of monopoly money :money_mouth_face:

Fyi the player I’m dropping is Toney. Don’t even wanna think about starting him again (separate thread…)

Good luck this weekend kids
__________________________________________________________–
Hell, I would drop him for the back up. :slight_smile:

Best,

Well why didn’t you say you were a perennial also-ran? I wouldn’t have bothered trying to help if I’d known this.

Welcome aboard!

This is a classic case of overreaction. Two factors to consider: First, Dallas was playing Tampa. Not an easy opponent for anyone (outside of New Orleans, which seems to own them).

Second, is Dak suddenly bad? I won’t predict a Super Bowl for Dallas, but the offense is ok. If Jalen Tolbert can get up to speed, or Michael Gallup can get healthy, this team is a playoff contender, easily

Is there a downside? Whenever any player gets hurt, they can have their job stolen by their backup (Anyone remember Wally Pipp?). What happens if Cooper Rush balls out? If Dak misses 6 weeks, and the Cowboys go undefeated during that time, who’s the starter? There is a risk here.

While I consider Cooper Rush a solid backup, even I’m not going so far as to predict he steals Dak’s job. BUT, it’s not outside the realm of possibilities.

Even with that possibility, I would be willing to throw some extreme FAAB at Dak. Your upside is a top 12 QB. When healthy, Dak is a solid starter compared to the more risky Lance and Fields. You won’t get an opportunity like this again: Blow the bank. Throw 100% into this one.

WTF?

Hasn’t this guy been committed to a mental institution yet?