Weekly Fantasy Football Chat (9/20)

Our fantasy football analysts will be around to answer your burning questions! We have Jeff Bell set for an AMA Wednesday (9/22) at noon EST and Matt Barbato Friday (9/24) at 11 am EST, but there may be others checking in to help answer your questions as well.

You can begin asking your questions now by replying below!

1 Like

0-2, got Josh Allen and Hurts for QB1 league, who shall I start this week?

1 Like

I would lean Hurts facing Dallas in what should end up a shootout.

1 Like

Thank you! Thoughts on Lockett? Will he keep it going for the season or drop off

1 Like

We expected some speed bumps in an offensive transition, much like last year when Brees missed time and Kamara was quiet. Payton has a strong track record but patience this early in the season is not easy. We know he is still “Alvin Kamara” so your options to pivot are limited.

1 Like

Last year’s roller coaster with Lockett was extreme but there is no reason not to expect him to continue to produce as a fringe WR1 weekly play as long as he’s tied to Russell Wilson.

2 Likes

Deshaun Watson to Miami ?

1 Like

Any hints on where Newton is gonna end up? He clearly wants to be first choice

1 Like

0-2 In a 2QB league. What players can I look to trade away to improve my overall team?

1 Like

Really hard to see Watson moving with his legal situation, a team won’t be willing to pay what the Texans deem his worth and it’s a loss in the media.

I don’t expect him to sign until there’s a clear season ending injury, he doesn’t want to lose a starting job twice in one season.

1 Like

Clyde Edwards-Helaire is a player I do not believe in and would be looking to move to someone who does. In his situation a “sell low” could still end up a sell high. Darnell Mooney may be a player to move with him, he’s been battling a back injury so far.

Chances of a 50/50 split between Zeke and Pollard in Dallas?

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks! Who would you try to target if I were to package CEH and Mooney?

1 Like

Pollard looks to be a beneficiary of Gallup’s injury. I believe Zeke will always have a commanding share of the carries but the passing game work could be divided in a way that hurts him in PPR leagues, especially given his blitz pickup strengths.

1 Like

This is where knowing your league comes in. Javonte Williams is player who may step into more work and could be a buy low. D’Andre Swift is a player I really like and some may view his total from Monday night as a disappointment.

1 Like

That sounds great. I appreciate that. Now what would you do with my QB situation if anything?

1 Like

PPR - I have a deep RB stable - Barkley, Henderson, Ty’Son, Eli Mitchell, Kareem Hunt, Latavius and would like to upgrade at WR - Amari Cooper, OBJ, Golladay, Marv Jones, Mooney, Patrick. — what level of WR do you think I should be targetting, and what do you think I should be willing to give up given my RB depth?

1 Like

Potentially look at a guy like Tannehill if that manager is frustrated. Daniel Jones may be another guy whose rushing upside gives him a higher floor than your other options.

I worry your running back stable isn’t as deep as hoped, given Barkley’s slow start and both Henderson and Mitchell coming up with injuries. The injuries make those two tough sells and you may be left with just Hunt as the guy to move.

Brandin Cooks is a guy I like to continue his production and may be discounted with Tyrod Taylor’s injury. Potentially Jerry Jeudy from an impatient owner though we are unsure on the full recovery window.