Week 12 - Best Waiver Wire RB To Pickup

Full PPR League

My RB include Nick Chubb, Leonard Fournette, Damien Harris, Kenyan Drake and D’Ernest Johnson (who I will not drop because he is the Chubb handcuff).

I just moved CeeDee Lamb to my IR so I have a short window to add one player to my roster. I’m thinking about adding an RB to possibly replace Drake for ROS? Should I replace Drake who has regressed again or keep him possibly as a Josh Jacobs handcuff)?

Which RB should I add off waivers? – Matt Breida, Boston Scott, Ronald Jones II (as a handcuff for my Leonard Fournette), Jeff Wilson, DeeJay Dallas, Rex Burkhead, Dontrell Hilliard, Tevin Coleman, Carlos Hyde, Quadree Ollison, Alexander Mattison (as a Dalvin Cook handcuff).

I think Matt Breida is the obvious first choice based on his Week 12 playing time, but he’s already on waivers and I have Waiver Priority #9 so someone else will probably get him before me.

I don’t know about Breida. In weeks 10 and 11, he made a lot out of little opportunity.
In week 12, it was the other way round.

Moss will be back soon. I’ll stay away from the Bills backfield.

Dontrell Hilliard is a dart throw, but an interesting one. I had a bench spot to spare and added him. If the Titans keep using him as a receiver out of the backfield, he will have some PPR appeal. He does have a week 13 BYE, though.

Adding Jones as a handcuff for Fournette isn’t a terrible idea, either. But unless Fournette gets injured this weekend, he should still be available next week. I’d add Hilliard first and see how he looks this weekend.

1 Like

I like the idea of Mattison as well, Dalvin Cook has legal claims against him and who knows when that will catch up to him. Possibly not this year, but some people will take a shot at him.

1 Like

I’m not convinced Mattison would take over if Cook were to miss an extended period of time. He’s got a very talented and insanely fast rookie breathing down his neck. In a dynasty league, I’d rather stash Nwangwu than Mattison.

1 Like

Additional Information:

With a focus on Week 13 instead of ROS - I’m in a “pinch” because Nick Chubb and D’Ernest Johnson have a BYE which reduces my Week 13 RB to Leonard Fournette, Damien Harris and Kenyan Drake !!!

Donte Hilliard also has a Week 13 BYE.

Lions Jamaal Williams is also available on waivers. Lions D’Andre Swift left the Week 12 game with a shoulder injury and may not be ready for Week 13.

Who should I pick up as a Week 13 contingency plan:

Boston Scott vs Giants (Most pts to RB) [3rd RB behind Sanders and Howard]
Jeff Wilson vs Seahawks (2nd most pts to RB) [2nd RB behind Mitchell]
Tevin Coleman vs Eagles (8th most pts to RB) [Carter out/2nd RB behind Johnson]
Jamaal Williams vs Vikings (11th most pts to RB) [Lead RB if Swift is out]
Matt Breida vs Patriots (16th most pts to RB) [RB by committee]
Any other RB on the list in my first post

Aside from what everyone else has said, I will tell you Drake is not the handcuff for Josh Jacobs. Peyton Barber is. Drake is more of a 3rd down/change of pace back.

2 Likes

Jamaal Williams sounds like a good idea for week 13. Even if Swift is available, the Lions will probably limit his workload. However, I’d expect them to rest him. Their season is over anyway, so why risk the only good offensive player they have?

1 Like

I would rank them-

1. Jamaal Williams
  2. Breida
  3. Boston Scott
  • also can note the situation for Washington with mckissic going down that there might be an option if you’re in a PPR league
1 Like

Full PPR League

I need to drop one RB to activate CeeDee Lamb off my IR.
I need to drop another RB to pick up another waiver wire RB.
In what order should I drop Tevin Coleman, Kenyan Drake or D’Ernest Johnson to pick up Jamaal Williams, Matt Breida or Boston Scott.

I just picked up Coleman before Week 12 as an RB contingency plan (if needed).
Drake has become limited and very frustrating once again.
I don’t want to drop Johnson because he is my Nick Chubb handcuff, but I’m not sure he is worth keeping during the BYE week and with Kareem Hunt back.

Coleman and Drake are your drops. Johnson is going to at least be a change of pace back if Chubb gets hurt, and much more if Hunt gets hurt.

Of your 3 choices to pick up, I’d take them in this order: Williams, Scott, and Breida.

Williams just strikes me as having more potential than any of them. Scott has performed the best, but he’s not great, just ok. Breida had a good game, but don’t forget, he’s been all around the NFL for a reason, and that is he’s not that great.

1 Like