Trade Henry / Deebo and second rd 2023

So im thinking on wanting to propose a trade in my dynasty, heres what i want to do, Derrick Henry / 2nd rd 2023 pick AND Deebo Samuel. Will offer to try and get Etienne / 2023 RD 1 / Aj Dillon.

The rest of my team is as follows:

WRS - CeeDee / Pittman / Hollywood Brown / Landry / Renfrow / Lazard / Tyquan Thornton

RBs - CEH / Darrell Williams / Singletary / Dameon Pierce / Derrick Gore / Snoop Conner / Jaret Patterson

Half PPR league

Won my league last year so should i ride it out or maybe go with it?

thoughts and any other possible ideas?

1 Like

With stud RBs like Henry, you have 2 options: ride them out until they break, and then drop them. Or try to trade them away while they still carry some value, even if that means missing 1-2 productive seasons. I’m a fan of the latter approach, so I like the idea of trading Henry away.

Etienne would make a fine replacement. He still carries a lot of question marks, though. His upside is top 5, but his floor is virtually zero. We don’t know if the role he will play in Jacksonville will be as big as we hope, nor if he can play it on an NFL level, nor if he can remain healthy.

Personally, I absolutely love ETN and have shares in him myself. But recently, his price has gone up quite a bit, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the ETN owner would look for something on top when trading him for Henry.

Giving him Deebo for Dillon would certainly tip the scales in the other owner’s favor. I’m not too high on Dillon, tbh. Aaron Jones just won’t go away, and will likely see his passing work increase this season. I do expect Dillon to get a few more yards on the ground, but without pass catching upside, I don’t see him being more than a mid-range RB2 in PPR formats.

Deebo will likely not be able to repeat his 2021 performance. Trey Lance will work out of the backfield himself, including a couple of goal line carries, so Deebo will see some regression. I see him in the WR6-10 range this year. He’s not a must-sell, but his dynasty value certainly is at peak level right now.

Finally, trading into the first round of the 2023 draft seems like a good idea. I’ll try and get the odd extra 1st myself for next year.

If the other owner will accept Henry / Deebo / 2023 2nd for ETN / Dillon / 2023 1st, I would make that trade. But if I was that other owner, I’d want to take that pick swap off the table.

Good luck!

Oh, and great team. btw. Not surprised you won it last year.

2 Likes