Dynasty Trade including Henry and J Chase (PPR)

Dynasty PPR
Derrick Henry & j. Chase OR A Gibson, B Robinson, AJ Brown, early 2023 1st

That is an interesting trade. I’d usually advise against trading away elite players for depth. But in this case, I’d at least think about the Gibson/Robinson/Brown/2023 1st side.

Henry is getting older, and if you want to get something in return for him, the time to trade him in dynasty is right now. One injury, or just a general sign of regression, and his value will drop immediately. I will prioritize Hassan Haskins in all dynasty rookie drafts this year.

Ja’Marr Chase is not a player you’d want to trade away. Along with JT and JJ, he is one of the 3 most valuable dynasty players, so it will be hard to replace him.

Doubling up on Gibson and Robinson is not the worst move. There is a danger that they will cancel each other’s upside, but I can also see a scenario where one of them will get a lot more volume than the other one. Gibson, if he’s healthy. Robinson, if not. The only downside for both of them is that J.D. McKissic is still around, which puts a damper on both of them.

AJ Brown is a downgrade to Ja’Marr Chase, but at least not a huge one. I still have concerns about his QB, as I am not convinced that it was the lack of weapons that made him a terrible passer. But analysts seem to be more optimistic here.

An early 2023 1st is a pretty solid asset, as next year’s draft class looks to be a bit stronger than this year’s. Especially if you are looking at QBs.

To sum it up: the Henry/Chase team gets proper value in return. So if trading Chase away is an option for them, this is a trade they could consider. They should still be aware that they are trading away a player they won’t be able to replace, though.