Thoughts on trading Barkley for Swift After Week 1 - Half PPR

(Half PPR) I drafted at the 12 spot on the turn and my favorite RBs to get at this spot were D’Andre Swift & Saquon Barkley. I was able to come away Drafting Barkley on the turn @2.01, but swift was taken @1.11 right before me.

Both backs had great games in week 1 but the Swift owner in my league who happens to be a giants fan offered me a trade; Swift for Barkley straight up. I’m pretty split on this because I think both backs could be top 5 RB’s this season.

Any thoughts on this trade and if should I take it?

1 Like

Welcome aboard!

I think Tennessee came into this week expecting the Giants to have a passing game, now that they have Brian Daboll. Very wrong! This allowed Barkley to carry the G-men. Don’t expect this trend to continue, and fully expect Barkley’s numbers to become much more pedestrian, much like last season.

On the other hand, the Lions can actually hurt you through the air, so I would expect Swift to continue to put up decent numbers.

Take the deal.

1 Like

Hey Drew, If keeper or dynasty, take the deal. If not Barkley is a top 5 overall talent when healthy and in a contract year.

2 Likes

Thank you! Yeah I can see that but I think their offense will be better than last year especially if they keep using Barkley as the focal point of their offense.

What scares me most about Detroit is how adamant they were about using j willy as their goal line guy.

It’s a redraft league so I’m only thinking for this year, I have swift in dynasty and I’m very happy about that so that’s heavily influencing my opinion lol. What worries me most is Jamal Williams redzone usage.

But yeah I do think the offense may run through Barkley in ny if week 1 is evident of their plans moving forward. So I really like Barkley’s upside given what he’s already done and since it’s a contract year like you said.

Still a tough call.

The problem with running your offense through one RB is whether he can stand up to the punishment? Barkley doesn’t have Derrick Henry’s build. Eventually, defenses see what you are trying to do, and they adjust. Barkley will get killed.

rewlliet

SoBe717

11h

It’s a redraft league so I’m only thinking for this year, I have swift in dynasty and I’m very happy about that so that’s heavily influencing my opinion lol. What worries me most is Jamal Williams redzone usage.

But yeah I do think the offense may run through Barkley in ny if week 1 is evident of their plans moving forward. So I really like Barkley’s upside given what he’s already done and since it’s a contract year like you said.

Still a tough call.

Agree, no easy choice. Red zone is a big question and having St Brown with Hockenson with the top pick coming soon gives reason for concern vs injury on both sides.

Read My Momma Told Me" thread. It shows the crazy week 1 with many off their game. No matter how much you know the game will kick your ass whenever it damn well feels like it. lol

All ya can do is take your best shot and win a lot more than ya lose.