Would You Trade Swift Now?

I’m hearing the Lions could go RB in the draft as Zak mentioned and trade Swift.
Where is anyone’s guess.

Trade now or hold?

1 Like

Except in deeper leagues, I’d trade him.

1 Like

IDK, I am tempted but I can drop his cost to a 5th and he is still a top 20 RB.

1 Like

He won’t be top 20 if he doesn’t play. David Montgomery will likely be the main starter.

I doubt anybody would make serious offers for Swift right now. So as an owner, I’d probably hold him and hope for the best.

If anybody would pay a top 20 RB price for him, I’d trade him without thinking twice.

To think that, prior to the 2022 season, I offered Ekeler plus a mid 2nd for Swift… Thankfully, the Swift owner rejected the offer.

2 Likes

We were alike again but my trade was accepted. It was for Mixon and also gave me my first pick back who looks to be Gibbs. I don’t see this trade as over.

I took a closer look. Here’s the run down

FP ranks Swift #12 RB in dynasty. None of the 24 experts ranks him below #20.
He ranks 19 in the standard draft ranks

Last season, he ranked #22 RB in scoring with 167 points with missing 3 games and used little in others.
He had only 99 carries and only 3 games with more than 8. He had 48 of 70 targets on passes. Combined for over 900 yards and 8 TDs with Williams.

I think all of the above qualifies Swift as a top 20 RB. I’m gonna hold to see how the draft and trade options shake out.

1 Like

As a backup RB in fantasy, I’d love to have him. If he’s one of my main starters, and David Montgomery is playing, I’m in trouble. Swift is a situational piece with upside, plus an injury history.

Montgomery did not impress me much last year. A RB split could work well for both. It’s not what I planned for Swift but works as a worst case for me. I expect Etienne and Robinson as the top two with Gibbs, Akers and Swift as a very strong bench if kept.

1 Like