QB Desperation Play

How desperate for a QB are you? I have good news, but you’ll need to hit your waiver wire quickly!

Admittedly, there are no guarantees that Stafford won’t play, but Wolford is at least a warm body, with some upside. From the article:

Wolford’s only career start was in Week 17 of the 2020 season when he helped lead the Rams to an 18-7 victory over Arizona to clinch a playoff berth. Wolford was 22-of-38 for 231 yards with one touchdown in that game. He also had 56 yards rushing on six carries.

I actually have him stashed in my Sleeper dynasty league. i would start him, but my other starters are better options in this superflex league (Davis Mills and Derek Carr).

I also added him in my Yahoo dynasty superflex league, where I have to start him this week, although he might be a better option than Malik Willis, even if Tannehill doesn’t come back this week.

1 Like

I like John Wolford. When he filled in for an injured Jared Goff in the 2020 playoffs, people had to remind him he needs to change his LinkedIn profile, that still showed his job as being some sort of financial advisor. He promptly changed it to “Quarterback for the Los Angeles Rams”, which was quite unique in LinkedIn.

As a desparation play, he’s certainly an option. The other one is Case Keenum, who may (or may not) start for a dinged up Josh Allen this week.

1 Like