Pick a NE player for my FLEX spot

Got a few BYE (Mahomes) and injury (Michael Carter, Amari Cooper) issues this week in my half-PPR league.

So I need a player for my RB/WR/TE FLEX spot. And the candidates happen to be all on the same NFL team:
Damien Harris (RB/NE)
Rhamondre Stevenson (RB/NE)
Jakobi Meyers (WR/NE)

The Pats have a home game against the Titans, who are more fantasy-friendly to WRs. Advantage Meyers.

But the Pats’ backfield is a lot more productive than their WRs (and especially Jakobi). Advantage RBs.

But which RB do I pick? Harris, who should still be the lead back? Or Stevenson, who’s cutting juicy chunks out of Harris’ performance and may also see a few targets?

There is a fourth option: Dan Arnold (TE/JAX). He’s seen very steady usage in recent weeks - until he suddenly put up a goose egg last week. And now James O’Shaughnessy is scheduled to be activated off IR this week. Not a sexy option by any means, even though the Jags have a perfect matchup for TEs (vs ATL).

I’m almost tempted to pick up Dontrell Hilliard (RB/TEN) off waivers and throw him in as a lottery ticket. :sweat_smile:

Well that is a tough call…I think Titans will struggle in this game with not many receiving options and with the Patriots defense. Also, I do not see Mac jones needing to throw that much…

I see a 50/50 split between the two RBs. Stevenson surely has more upside…

1 Like

Stevenson is the high upside play, with Harris as the higher floor. Pick your poison.

2 Likes

I would roll one of the pats running backs, Arnold is not a bad option either. He had an off week last week.
Personally it’s a 50/50 roll of the dice for Stevenson and Harris, That would be what I would do.

1 Like

Thanks guys.

Another option just emerged. Kamara is out, Ingram likely too.
I have Tony Jones… :see_no_evil:

Hope u did not play T jones

I would go with NE rbs . Wait and see if both active . If so then Stevenson provides the most upside .

Good luck

Nope. Moved him in and out of my lineup at least 10 times before kickoff. Thankfully, the final setting was ‘out’. He’ll be on the waiver wire next week. No need keeping a player who can’t capitalize on a massive opportunity.

But I have meanwhile picked up Dontrell Hilliard, so I have another chance to fail with a dart throw start. Right now, he is in my lineup…

Good luck . He will get u lots receptions

Have great sunday

1 Like

Hilliard will go through the roof today.
Because I benched him in the last second. Rhamondre it is. :sweat_smile:

Edit: 68yd TD for Hilliard. Of course.

Edit 2: sooo, let’s check:
Hilliard = 19.8 FFP
Jakobi = 12.3 FFP
Harris = 11.7 FFP
Rhamondre = 4.6 FFP

Last time I’ll listen to you bunch… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

To paraphrase Yogi Berra, if we were perfect, we wouldn’t be.

1 Like