Week 17 lineup (half PPR SFLEX)

So here we are - the Championship game. And this week, I’m the clear underdog. Playing against the undisputed strongest team in the league. #1 in scored points, #1 in accumulated trade value and in ADP. I beat them in the regular season, but need to bring my absolute A game to have a chance at doing it again.

My opponent’s expected starters:
QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts (Bench: Mac Jones)
RB: Najee Harris, Alvin Kamara (B: AJ Dillon, Duke Johnson)
WR: Cooper Kupp, Keenan Allen, Amon-Ra St. Brown (B: Allen Lazard)
TE: Travis Kelce (B: Evan Engram)
K: Justin Tucker (B: Graham Gano)
DST: Arizona Cardinals (B: Pittsburgh Steelers)

My starters:
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert
RB: Austin Ekeler, Sony Michel, Damien Harris (B: Josh Jacobs, Michael Carter)
WR: Ja’Marr Chase, Diontae Johnson (B: Amari Cooper, Josh Palmer)
TE: Pat Freiermuth (no bench - see below)
K: Tyler Bass (B: Jason Sanders)
DST: Buffalo Bills (no bench)

In case Ekeler remains unavailable, I have Justin Jackson. If Rhamondre Stevenson is active for the Pats, I may consider starting Josh Jacobs over Damien Harris.

I can also start a 3rd WR instead of a 3rd RB. But I still see Amari as risky, and don’t really trust Josh Palmer yet, either.

My big problem is obviously TE. If Freiermuth is active - okay. If not, I definitely need help. I have the 2 Jags TEs (O’Shaughnessy and Dan Arnold, who is IRD). But they play the Pats, and that’s a nightmare matchup for TEs. Plus, it’s unclear if Arnold will be activated, so I won’t touch either of them this week.

Waiver options are:
C.J. Uzomah (CIN / vs KC)
Cameron Brate (TB / at NYJ)
John Bates (rookie, WFT / vs PHI)

Bates has a phenomenal catch rate and scored his first TD last week, but still is a very risky option, as he gets very few targets.

What is your recommendation, especially for the TE position?

Not sure I want to play Jacobs against the Colts. This may sound wrong, but Carter against the Bucs might be better. Remember, he does a lot of damage in the receiving game. But I’d only go there if you need to replace one of your three starters.

As for TE, don’t be afraid of O’Shaughnessy. However, Brate against the Jets is a tasty matchup, even if Brate tends to be TD or bust.

That was my initial thought as well. But ironically, going by the stats alone, they are not a worse opponent than the Ravens, that Sony Michel and the Rams are playing.

That does sound very wrong, indeed. :sweat_smile:

So does Cordarrelle Patterson, and he struggled against the Bucs in week 13.

Last week, I started him with confidence. This week, I am afraid to start him. Dan Arnold may (or may not) return, and the Patriots are the worst matchup for TEs.

Most TEs are. Even Freiermuth is, he just got the TDs done. I’m not sure I can still count on that, though.

But TDs are the reason why I am seriously considering John Bates. The Eagles have given up the second most TDs to opposing TEs. Logan Thomas is done for the season, and Ricky Seals-Jones disappeared last week.

I still have to check how many of Bates’ targets came from Heinicke, who is expected to start again this week.

But Bates’ efficiency is nothing short of remarkable. 16 catches on 19 targets (84% catch rate), 13.1 yards per reception - if he can draw 4 targets, that would be good for 7-8 half PPR points already. If he can turn one of them into a TD, we’re talking double digits. And yeah, I do realize that’s a couple of "if"s… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Damien Harris is still nursing hamstring issues, while Rhamondre Stevenson appears to be fully healthy.

On the WR side, the Vikings shut Thielen down, so Osborn is a guaranteed starter.

I consider starting Osborn over Harris on FLEX.