Packers Rankings With Rodgers and Without

This is my take on Packers rankings with and without Rodgers.

WITH.                        WITHOUT

Aaron Jones Mid Tier RB1. Top 5 RB
A.J. Dillon. RB3 High Ceiling. Low End RB2
Kylie Hill. Waivers Possibility. Late Round Flyer, Dynasty midround
DeVante Adams. 1st WR Taken. 3rd Round Pick
Other WRs. Late Flyers on whoever starts. Undraftable
Robert Tongan. High Ceiling TE2. Mid Tier TE1
Mercedes Lewis. TE3-4 Waiver Candidate. Solid TE3

My thinking is fairly straightforward. With Rodgers expect similar production from skill players as last year. Rodgers attitude had nothing to do with his performance in Matt LaFleurs offense last two seasons. I might be wrong on my RB/TE assumptions without Rodgers, but I see a heavy dose of the run game and a significant increase in check downs to RBs and TEs. There is one scenario that keeps Adams elite. That would be opposing defenses stacking the box often enough to force Love to seek Adams in single coverage. However, reading about Adams comments about the Rodgers situation opens the possibility of the talented WR not giving his best effort and maybe being less likely to play hurt if Rodgers doesn’t play. I should also note that Love would be a high ceiling QB2 and a must start in Superflex Leagues as a starter.

2 Likes

Lol for my attempt at making separate columns for With and without! Obviously the first rank is with and the second without:)

The big question is: How is Jordan Love? If Love can be anywhere close to Rodgers, the offense doesn’t lose much. The jury is still out on that: https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/50908/packers-dont-hold-back-any-of-offense-because-its-jordan-love-at-qb1

If anyone recalls, Rodgers actually looked better than Favre did when Rodgers replaced him (Favre threw too many picks). I doubt Love will look better than MVP Rodgers, but anything is possible.

P.S. Any offense with Jones and Adams won’t be bad.