NFL Playoffs Fantasy League

Anyone interested in a fantasy league for the NFL playoffs? I was thinking we draft players, and then whichever team has the most points after the Super Bowl wins. Superflex and PPR, with my special sauce kicker scoring.

Anyone interested? I’ll toss up the link if I get enough interest.

1 Like

I’m in if there’s any availability

1 Like

A game without your additions is of interest and we could add $20 for some fun.

However, with you add ins I have zero interest.

1 Like

I’ll toss out the kicker part and the superflex. But PPR must stay!

By the way, no benches. You draft your starters and they remain the same for the duration.

2 Likes

Of course. I’ll take as many as I can, although I’d like no more than 14 teams.

So if you draft , for example borrow and Mixon and they get eliminated first rd. Your screwed

1 Like

You nailed it! Half of this is picking good players, and the other half is picking players on teams going deep into the playoffs. It’s a double challenge.

1 Like

I’m up for more disappointment! Sounds fun

2 Likes

Not bad but half PPR is best.

1 Like

Now for the next problem: Which platform shall I use to set up the fantasy playoff league? I don’t see any options in Sleeper or Yahoo for it. Any suggestions welcomed.

When I did this 5 years ago it had to be done manually and once was more than enough.

2 Likes

I’ve run a playoff fantasy football pool for about 15-20 years that’s very popular but I do have to score it by hand. It was a perfect set up before the NFL expanded the playoffs to 7 teams in each conference but I’ve adjusted it to work. It’s a 3-week pool (Wild card, Divisional & Championship games). Each week you submit a lineup of 1 fantasy player from each team playing that weekend so players can be used in multiple lineups. For wild card weekend the roster is QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, K & D/ST. For the remaining two weekends the rosters are QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, D/ST. Most points after 3 weeks wins. Lots of fun and we also award weekly high score prizes as well as a prize for the highest scoring player (in a single week) who was only started by a single entrant.

2 Likes

That’s great. In all due respect to Ed, would you like to run one here?

Thanks Kim.

1 Like

We need to make a decision and get this started by tomorrow. As for adding money I would suggest we make it an option off to the side so more people play.

FYI, Kim will be joining our second keeper league and is a welcome addition.

1 Like

I have a spreadsheet my hometown league uses every year for our 5 playoff qualifying teams. It lists each teams’ roster and totals points at the bottom. It could be tweaked into a good scoring document but it would have to be entered manually. We also would have to schedule a draft.

2 Likes

Welcome! This is Tim, our manager from Cosmic Surfers, chiming in to help and join. Good deal.

As you can tell by his forum name he is a Phinatic, same as me.

Kevin, manager of Sicarios is also in and have emailed the others from our league.

We have yet to hear from Zak. Guessing he is still basking in his title glory and maybe does not wish to risk a short lived overall #1. :slight_smile:

My time will be pretty limited, come next week. Might not even be able to watch all playoff games. I think I’ll sit this one out.

1 Like

Forgot to mention that for the Conference Championship round, each entrant picks 2 players from each team to complete their roster.

Sure I’d be happy to run one here as long as we keep the same scoring system I use for my home league so I don’t have to recalculate scores based on different scoring systems.

Scoring system I use is pretty normal with .5 PPR, 4 pt passing TDs, -2 for INTs and lost fumbles. We have bonuses for long TDs (over 40) and for rushing/receiving over 100 or 150 yards & passing over 300/400 yards. D/ST we award .5 for TFLs.

1 Like

YES, please do it as time is growing short. Just tell us what and when we have to do something… You can contact Tim (Richmind Webb) directly if it would be better for you two to work together.

As he mentioned we need to schedule one or more drafts. I just want to get things settled.
You should start a new thread with rules and stuff.