NFL Playoffs Fantasy League

Nope, none of that needed. Not that kind of deal. People will just need to let me know if they are interested, we should decide if we are doing this for $ or not (I’m fine either way and am OK not dealing with figure out how to get and pay out $) and then everyone just needs to submit a roster (usually an hour before the first playoff game of the weekend starts). What’s the best way to put this out along with rules?scoring?

Kim

i got that in another thread. Just need one for you to tell posters what they need to do. If ya like I’ll put it up for ya,

That’d be great. At work now and leaving early for the day to travel but should be able to post all the info by tomorrow. Thanks!!

1 Like

That works for me too. Thanks for offering!

I’m good either way.

2 Likes

Already done, see other thread sign up. We have 6 to start.

It is not money bur, side bets message me.

NEW thread for rule and what you need.

2 Likes

This was Ed’s idea and for the first time a good one. JK/LOL

What other thread? I looked through the categories and specifically in General but did not find anything that jumped out at me. I’m really new to this so am not well versed on all the various options in these forums yet. At any rate, I have all the info and will post here. Can be copied elsewhere as needed and I am happy to do that when I find out where.

1 Like

PLAYOFF FANTASY FOOTBALL POOL
Runs the first 3 weeks of the NFL playoffs. No draft, you submit lineups each week per the rules below. As you will note, it is possible for duplicate lineups to be submitted.

Please let me know if you plan to participate.

Lineups for Wildcard round consists of 12 players (QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, K & D/ST) and must be submitted by 3 pm Saturday 1/14/23. You must use ONE player from each playoff team playing on Super Wildcard Weekend to create your lineup. Lineups for Divisional and Conference Championship weekend consists of 8 players (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K & D/ST) and generally, the deadline for submittal is a half hour prior to kickoff of the first game each weekend. In the Divisional round you must select ONE player from each team playing that weekend. In the Conference Championship round you must select TWO players from each team playing that Sunday. Most points at the end of all 3 rounds, wins the pool. Typically, we also award a prize for the single player in a given week with the most points that was started in a single lineup.

The NFL schedule for the Super Wildcard Weekend is as follows (all times CST):

• Seahawks @ 49ers - 3:30p Saturday
  • Chargers @ Jaguars - 7:15p Saturday
  • Dolphins @ Bills - Noon Sunday
  • Giants @ Vikings - 3:30p Sunday
  • Ravens @ Bengals - 7:15p Sunday
  • Cowboys @ Buccaneers - 7:15p Monday

Here’s the scoring system we’ll be using. If you have any questions about any of this. Thanks, and best of luck to everyone!

RUSHING/RECEIVING
.1 pt per yard rushing or receiving
.5 per reception
6 pts rushing or receiving TD
2 pts for rushing or receiving 2-pt conversion

PASSING
.05 pt per yard passing
4 pts passing TD
1 pt for passing 2-pt conversion

NEGATIVE POINTS (negative points for Kickers and D/ST are listed below those headers)
-2 pts per INT thrown
-2 per fumble lost
*INT and fumble recoveries on 2pt conversion attempts do not count as turnovers, per the NFL and as such do not count towards any scoring for the purposes of this pool.

KICKING
3 pts for successful FG’s 30 yards and under
.1 pt for each yard for successful FG over 30 (Example: 52 yard FG scores 5.2 pts)
1 pt for each successful PAT
-1 pt for each missed PAT and for each missed FG of 35 yards or less

D/ST (all points count against a D/ST, including those scored by the opposing D/ST)
2 pts for each INT and Fumble Recovery
2 pts for each Safety
1 pt for each sack
.5 pt for each tackle for loss (TFL)
2 pts for each 4th down stop
6 pts for each TD scored by Defense or Special Teams
10 pts for a shutout
7 pts for 2-6 pts allowed
4 pts for 7-13 pts allowed
2 pts for 14-17 pts allowed
1 pt for 18-20 pts allowed
0 pts for 21-23 pts allowed
-1 pt for 24-26 pts allowed
-2 pts for 27-30 pts allowed
-3 pts for 31-34 pts allowed
-4 pts for 35+ pts allowed
3 pts for blocked punt or FG
1 pt for blocked PAT
2 pts for returned 2pt conversion

BONUS POINTS
2 pts bonus for 100-199 yards rushing/receiving (rushing & receiving yards NOT combined for the purposes of this bonus)
3 pts bonus for 200+ yards rushing/receiving (rushing & receiving yards NOT combined for the purposes of this bonus)
2 pts bonus for 300-449 yards passing
3 pts bonus for 450+ yards passing
2 pts bonus on all TD’s scored of 40 yards or longer (including D/ST TD’s)

SUBSTITUTION RULE: Should a player in the late Saturday, Sunday or Monday games be ruled out after the deadline to submit your roster (typically about a half hour before kickoff of the first playoff game each weekend), you may substitute another player at that position, but it must be from the same team. You must notify me of the substitution BEFORE the kickoff of the game the substitution is occurring in. So, if a player is held out for injury or illness and therefore is unable to go and you’re starting him in your lineup, you can email or text me before the kickoff of that game and tell me you are replacing the injured or sick player with another player from the same team. You may not switch players with the other team playing in that game, thus making 2 substitutions due to 1 injured/sick player. If you have multiple substitutions due to injury/illness, you may make those substitutions, but each player MUST be replaced by another player on that same team at that position and the substitution must occur before the game kicks off. If you have any questions about this, let me know. As a reminder, you can change your lineup after submission as often as you’d like as long as it is before the roster deadline for that weekend.

1 Like