Need Advice on Dynasty League #1 pick

Good Afternoon everyone.
This is a luxury pick for me, through a trade and I’m trying to figure out my best option at #1.

First, this is a 30 man, dynasty league with PPR. We start 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, a TE and 2 Flex, along with 6 IDP
My roster consists of the following:
QB - Tom Brady, Joe Burrow, Dak Prescott, Sam Darnold, Daniel Jones & Jordan Love
RB - Dalvin Cook, Alvin Kamara, Jonathan Taylor, Nick Chubb and Travis Etienne
WR - Cooper Kupp, Terry McLaurin, Chris Godwin, Jaylon Waddle and DJ Moore
TE - Travis Kelce and George Kittle
IDP - Michah Parsons, Fred Warner, Patrick Queen, Anthony Walker, Tremaine Edmunds, Darius Leonard, TJ Watt, Jamin Davis, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Azeez A-Shaair, Robert Quinn and Markus Golden.

Now, as you can see, my needs aren’t many and I see the consensus pick is Breece Hall, but is that who I really should take? Should I go with London or Burks or Moore? What about Pickett?

Any suggestions would be helpful. BTW, I would have to cut someone, so most likely it would be Quinn or Golden on defense.
Thanks, Troy

2 Likes

Wow, that is a pretty strong roster, at least on the offense side. Can’t comment on the defensive players, never played IDP myself.

Personally, I would not recommend to draft Pickett. There will be better QBs in next year’s draft class, and with Brady returning for yet another year, you don’t have an immediate need on QB, even though Darnold, Jones and Love aren’t safe assets.

I understand the concern about Breece Hall I’m holding the 1.01 in my main league myself, and if I get a good offer to trade back (ideally including a 2023 1st), I will consider it. Hall is a fantastic talent, but could find himself in an RBBC situation that will limit his ceiling.

But good dynasty RBs are hard to come by, and we don’t always hold the 1.01. A good WR can be acquired later in the 1st round, but for a top RB prospect, you need an early 1st round pick.

So my recommendation is to go with Hall. But I won’t blame you if you prefer to go WR. London, Burks or Garrett Wilson are all solid picks. Skyy Moore is not necessarily 1.01 material, if you ask me. Yes, there is every chance he will become the next Tyreek Hill. Or the next Mecole Hardman. There’s a lot of competition for targets in KC, and Moore will have to bring his A game to secure a solid share.

London is the most talented of the group, but faces QB uncertainty. Wilson could become a superstar, but only if Zach Wilson keeps progressing. Personally, I think Burks is the safest bet, as he will probably step right into the A.J. Brown role.

2 Likes

I would go with Hall. Looking at your RB’s, after Taylor, you are rotating injured RB’s (unless Etienne can stay healthy this year). Hall would give you a solid starter while you use the others in flex spots.

1 Like