Matt Barbato Fantasy Football AMA

Matt Barbato will be live Thursday, May 6, at 7 pm ET for an Ask Me Anything. Submit your questions ahead of time or join us live.

I’ve never played dynasty before, I’m looking to get in a dynasty league this year. Who should go 1.01 in a dynasty start-up draft?

What is Kamaras worth right now. What should I trade him for…or do I just keep him?

Thanks for the question! I’d say in a superflex/2QB league Trevor Lawrence has to go first. In a 1QB league, I’d go with Najee Harris.

Came in 3rd last year with

Rodgers
CMC
JT
Adams
MT
ARob
Tonyan

Don’t have much depth (Curtis Samuel, Damien Harris best I have) and only 4th and 5th rd picks and we did add another FLEX this year. Nervous about Rodgers. Got an offer of Juju and Godwin for Adams. Adams is the better side of that right?

12 man full PPR SuperFlex: which side of a J. Hurts = C. Lamb trade holds more SF Dynasty Value? What kind of value would you have to add to make a side even out?

Where are you drafting Pitts in 1.75 TEP/Superflex rookie draft?

1 Like

Where do you see 2nd round slot WRs D’Wayne Eskridge and the Moore Bros finishing their rookie years in PPR, and how do you value them going forward in Dynasty?

12 team, dynasty, superflex, 1/2 PPR: My team is middle of the road. I’m balanced between young and old with not top tier WR’s. I have 2.01, 3.06, 4.04, 4.08. I’m thinking of trading out of this draft altogether with no shot at “elite” talent. Should I try and target some know players/future picks or just take best available and ride it out?

Thanks for the question! That is a tough one. I don’t think Kamara’s value has ever been more in question. So much of his fantasy value came from catching passes from Drew Brees. People forget Kamara hasn’t rushed for 1,000 yards in a professional season. But he’s such a dynamic pass catcher and touchdown scorer that it’s made up for it. But with either Jameis Winston or Taysom Hill under center, a lot of the passing game protection we could bank on isn’t nearly as stable. I still view Kamara as a top 5 RB, but probably behind CMC, Saquon, Henry, Cook, Chubb. I’m definitely open to trading him, but I’d want at least first-round rookie pick and a starting RB in return. He’s still Alvin Kamara.

My keepers in a standard scoring (no flex) league are …
RB Alvin Kamara
RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire
WR Chris Godwin
WR Odell Beckham
QB Kyler Murray

What should my strategy be with my first round picks (4th, 6th and 11th)? I think first 3 picks in our draft will be Harris, Chase & Smith.

Tough one. I think it’s too early to sell Rodgers or Adams at this point. If I had to guess, I think Green Bay will rectify the situation. Even so, Godwin and Juju is not an amazing package for Adams. I’d try to swap Juju out for a RB2 or better.

Wow, everyone in a Dynasty or Keeper league seemed to strike gold with James Robinson during the Covid season. Fast forward to now with the addition of Travis Etienne things have changed quite a bit in Jacksonville. I’m in a TD heavy keeper league and I have to decide between Robinson and Mike Evans… thoughts?

**PPR league with heavy advantage for TDs.

1 Like

Man you guys are BRINGING some great questions today. I’d have to lean Evans, because he is a touchdown maker, unless you’re really thin at RB. I don’t think it’s an absolute given that Etienne takes over for Robinson. What I am worried about is Urban Meyer’s comments suggesting it would be a three-man rotation featuring those two + Carlos “bleeping” Hyde. Robinson was a great find last year, but it’s hard to turn down Evans to keep him.

What do you see J. Winston’s value at currently? I’m QB needy and I been offered him for Micheal Carter, Tre’ Kitty and Mariota. Carter And kitty were 2nd & 3rd and picks respectively. Fair? Should I try to get him to add?

I’m not buying into the Jalen Hurts hype. It feels like everyone’s chasing the next Lamar Jackson. Hurts was pretty unimpressive as a passer in his four starts last season but was bailed out by 272 rushing yards and 3 rushing TDs. Hurts isn’t nearly the athlete Jackson is, and defenses figured out how to bottle Jackson up. Meanwhile, Lamb is a really exciting Year 2 player. I could definitely see him finishing the year as Dallas’ top receiver. The person Hurts should try to get a replacement receiver back, because they’re really taking on all the risk.

How do you usually balance a player’s age with their future value? When do you plan to sell before it’s too late especially if you don’t have many high future picks?

Hi Matt. (1QB, 12 team, PPR, dynasty) Just wondering what to make of Kylin Hill. When he was going to be in the 2020 draft, I remember him being fairly high. Like possibly top 5 rookie RB.
He opts back to school, then opts out after a few games, and now he is more-or-less trash (based on his NFL draft capital, and based on any rankings you look at – and the latter was true long before the NFL draft even occurred). It does suck to be behind Aaron Jones. But I don’t know, I am definitely not un-sold (is that a thing?) on him. He sounds like he could be a fairly complete back and good for PPR. What say you? Where would you be comfortable drafting him in rookie only?

Great question and let me start by saying take it on a case by case basis. If you’re in win now mode, I’m content with letting it ride and worrying about the fallout after. If you’re a middler or rebuilder, I typically look to deal running backs after their first contract, or around age 28-29. Receivers have a longer shelf life, but age 30 is around when they usually exit their prime, if they haven’t already.

Sorry! Messed up in replying back to your question… here’s my response

Man you guys are BRINGING some great questions today. I’d have to lean Evans, because he is a touchdown maker, unless you’re really thin at RB. I don’t think it’s an absolute given that Etienne takes over for Robinson. What I am worried about is Urban Meyer’s comments suggesting it would be a three-man rotation featuring those two + Carlos “bleeping” Hyde. Robinson was a great find last year, but it’s hard to turn down Evans to keep him.