Matt Barbato Fantasy Football AMA

With that premium, I think you’d have to take Pitts 2nd or 3rd. Lawrence has to go 1, but it’d be a toss up between Pitts and Najee Harris for that 2nd pick. No later than 3rd, for me.

1 Like

Jameis will win you games and he will lose you games. It’s a true roller coaster. Maybe a year behind Drew Brees and Sean Payton’s coaching will help reduce the bad decisions. But then there’s that pest Taysom Hill. I don’t love Jameis, he’s probably outside my top 20 QBs. But if you’re in desperate need of a QB, I would hold him unless you can get another starting QB in return. Mariota is only playing in the event of a Carr injury.

1 Like

12 man full ppr super flex

Really like all 3 guys long term. I’d rank them Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore, Eskridge. However, it’s hard to expect a ton from these guys as rookies.

Elijah Moore will serve as New York’s version of Deebo Samuel. Problem is, he’s got a rookie QB in Zach Wilson, plus Jamison Crowder (for now) still in his way in the slot, not to mention Denzel Mims and Corey Davis competing for targets.

Rondale Moore is an unreal athlete. But he needs some refinement and needs to prove he can stay on the field. However, he’s got Kyler Murray and a pass happy coach in Kliff Kingsbury. Plus, DeAndre Hopkins will always be an opponent’s top priority. He probably has the best situation, but he’s also a boom or bust prospect.

Eskridge is an exciting prospect, but hard to see him getting much attention with DK and Lockett still in town.

But again, I really like all 3 in dynasty leagues.

I’d stick out at least 2.1. You can probably land a good receiver prospect there. I wouldn’t abandon ship, as there are still plenty of good players. You could also try to package 2.1 and maybe one of your better current players to try and trade up and land a more elite prospect like Chase, DeVonta Smith or Waddle. But not sure you want to rebuild. I say see how it goes during your draft, you can always try to trade out if you’re not loving the board.

You seem to have done your homework on him! Yes the situation isn’t ideal. But, we’ve seen plenty of running backs fall off cliffs before. But especially late in rookie drafts, if you like a prospect, take a shot on him. By Round 4, we’re all taking lottery picks anyways. I’d say stash him around your second-to-last or last round in your draft, depending on if you think someone might steal him before you.

Any other questions?? I’ll stick around a few more minutes if you’ve got any!

Thanks so much for joining today’s AMA chat! Always happy to answer any other questions on Twitter, @RealMattBarbato! Thanks again for the great questions

In dynasty I have the number 3, 6 and 11 pick this year through various trades. I have Ertz and Hurst, so obviously looking to snag Pitts at 3. Sitting pretty with JK, Mixon, Hunt, Gordon, Gus and McKinnon… May look to add Williams in the mix at 6? Or… having Robinson, Boyd, Sutton, Fuller, Crowder, AB and Green should I look to land Waddle or Smith at 6? I also have the 11th, so I’m thinking look for Trey Sermon if I go WR at 6, but with such a deep WR class it seems I can wait on one with the 11th. I also have LJ at QB, so I could even add one of the QBs at 11? How would you look at my situation? I also have to drop 3 with those picks as well :laughing::sweat_smile:. Would probably have to move on from AB and AJ at this point? 12 man league half ppr