How was Everyone's Week 4?

I won my games in all four leagues this past week. I finally got a win in my bad draft, sore spot league and put up 125. It is not yet fixed but getting there. In all my years I have never had an abortive draft like that. It will be fixed.

So, I am 3-1 in 3 leagues and 1-3 in the last for a total 10-6 record so far.
The overall 2 out of 3 ain’t bad but need to do better.

To keep my ego in check this week, Zak is kicking my ass in my trade of Jacobs for Akers with him with Jacobs going off for over 30 and Akers little of nothing.

I’m sure Ed, who he played, is also a big fan of mine for making that deal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First, let me say this to @SoBe717:

JohnnyCash

Nothing personal. I’ll deal with you later.

I went 1-4, easily my worst week this year. What worked well for me last week failed this week.

Back to the drawing board…

2 Likes

Jacobs won’t score 30 every week now, and Akers will also have a few good games. The one thing that made me accept that trade offer without hesitation was that I expect Jacobs to have a much safer floor. He has nobody posing a serious threat to his production, while Sean McVay can decide any time that it will be the Darrell Henderson show in any given week. It’s a lot harder to determine when to start Akers, and when to bench him. Whereas you can throw Jacobs in your lineup in pretty much any week other than his BYE.

As for my week - it wasn’t my best one.

SFLEX dynasty was an easy win. My dynamic QB duo of Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert performed within expectation, and Ekeler went through the roof. Best news was that the #1 team in the league lost in a blowout match vs the guy who had both Goff and Hockenson in his lineup. So my opponent from last year’s final is now 3-1, just like me.

In my 1QB dynasty, TNF ruined my week. I’m 1-3 there now. My RB corps is killing me, but that’s not exactly a surprise, seeing that it consists of Travis Etienne, Nyheim Hines, JD McKissic and Kenny Gainwell. My WR room (best in the league) of Chase, Waddle and Pittman can’t make up for it. I’m still glad I drafted George Pickens over any of the secondary rookie RBs, after I got ninja’d on Dameon Pierce in the draft. I will have two 1sts and two 2nds next year, with my own 1st likely being an early one. That should allow me to end my RB woes. Next year, my team will be in business.

In the South Beach league, I’m 2-2 now, and still can’t believe how I could lose weeks 1 and 2.

In the US-EU league, I lost against an opponent who started Hockenson on TE, nuff said. 2-2 there now, and this week, I’m facing the combo of Saquon, Kupp and Kelce. My boys better bring their A game.

Finally, the SFLEX tournament… let’s not talk about that one, okay? 1-3 there, after being too chicken to start Dalton + Olave. Went for Trubisky + Curtis Samuel instead, and boy, did that backfire. Losing both QBs in an SFLEX league left my team beyond repair. I’ll still try my best until week 13, but that tournament is a write-off.

That’s a brutally bad RB group. I expect better from you. I assume that is a PPR league, cause if it’s standard you’re DOA.

Sometimes, we make great starting decisions, and sometimes our starting decisions suck. Shake it off.

PPR indeed. When I adopted the team 2 years ago, the RB group was Devin Singletary, Latavius Murray, Darrel Williams and Peyton Barber. I sold Singletary, dropped the rest and rebuilt from scratch.

The plan was that ETN would be an RB2 this season, and I’d get another RB2 in the draft. Well, ETN is still working on that RB2 status, and I got ninja’d on Dameon Pierce, so clearly, that plan didn’t work. I’m still glad I resisted reaching for a day 3 rookie and took George Pickens instead, despite being stacked on WR already.

Hopefully, I can resolve my RB issues in the first round in 2023.

1 Like

Jacobs won’t score 30 every week now, and Akers will also have a few good games. The one thing that made me accept that trade offer without hesitation was that I expect Jacobs to have a much safer floor. He has nobody posing a serious threat to his production, while Sean McVay can decide any time that it will be the Darrell Henderson show in any given week. It’s a lot harder to determine when to start Akers, and when to bench him. Whereas you can throw Jacobs in your lineup in pretty much any week other than his BYE.

Agreed. I looked at my schedule and chances for him to play and not many. Looked at the OL and future and Akers came up better but not for now.