Draft Pick or Keeper?

ZakHHRegular

18h

Draft order is indeed a factor. Should I get eliminated early and draft from a middle spot, Harris will almost certainly be a goner. But if I draft out of the last spot (and we all agree I will :smiling_imp: ), I will have to take a closer look and see what overall pick that could be, and what other RB it could net me.

Here’s an intriguing trade I came up with after recent discussions.

You would give Harris and your 1st. I would give Swift and my 2nd.
I think I would have done it before the deadline and been some fun to play with.
However, less likely after the 7-8 months we have to change our minds 200 times. That is unless I have to in order to win #20. :slight_smile:

I would have zero incentive to accept that trade.

2 Likes

I would have zero incentive to accept that trade.

That’s fair, a bit surprising, but a good quick squish to forget about.

Swift and Harris are virtually the same player. Both are certainly talented, but both are a big disappointment this year, and are currently unstartable.

Both would be worth keeping for an early pick only if they improved massively next year. For both, there are reasons to believe it could happen, but no guarantee whatsoever.

So if I decided against keeping either of them (a likely scenario, as you said yourself), I would have downgraded my 1st to a 2nd for swapping 2 ROS assets I wouldn’t start anyway. Not to mention that Swift performed even more poorly than Najee recently.

And even if both of them would break out in the remaining games and qualify as a keeper, what would I have gained?

Without the trade, I’d lose my 1st for keeping Najee, but would still have my 2nd.
With the trade, I’d keep Swift and lose my 1st and my 2nd.

At the end of the day, I would sacrifice a 1st and a 2nd, gambling on the remote chance that Swift will be an elite asset next year. That’s a terrible gamble to make.

You OTOH would win either way. You traded away a player you’re probably hesitant to keep anyway, and would have upgraded your 2nd into a 1st along the way.

A good trade needs to offer incentives for both sides. The trade we made did that. This one wouldn’t. As I said, my incentive in that trade is zero, or at least close to it. Unless there is an aspect that I missed.

Zak, I remember referring to Jacobs and Akers as being the same player. :frowning:

I saw it differently which is unusual as we most always are on the same page. I see Swift with the better match ups this year which gave him the edge to start.

I favor his position in Detroit over Harris in Pitt and edge went to advantage.
I see Swift as the better option for next year and if I did not have the extra early 1 pick would not trade him.

I had another offer giving me a 2 which I passed on. The offer I posted gave you my #2. So you would not have lost both your 1 and 2. I see Swift as the better option which justified (in my mind) the pick difference in our league where it will be a small difference in picks based on the keepers.

And we move on.

1 Like

Okay, that was indeed the aspect I missed. I would have lost my 1st and a 2nd, but would have gotten an extra second.

I’ll upgrade the offer from “terrible” to “not particularly appealing” then. :sweat_smile:

What I don’t like about Swift ROS is Jamaal Williams. Najee has no competition in Pitt, while Swift appears to be the 1b in an RBBC at the moment.

I do NOT make terrible offers We differ on the Harris competition but will see who should be writing horoscopes at year’s end. lol

What do you expect Zak? Joe never trades fair… :wink:

laughter

Ed, you are becoming annoying. Zak and I have made two trades and do NOT need your help or comments. Worry about yourself.

I can honestly say I haven’t made any bad trades with you, so I’m batting one thousand!

Only “becoming”? I’ve obviously been slacking this season! Don’t worry, I promise to be much more annoying going forward! :grin:

Could you start being more annoying after this week, fantasy-score wise? K thks! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, but no. Try again? :laughing:

1 Like

Okay, if you insist, I’ll bring my A game this afternoon… (cracks knuckles) :smiling_imp:

(Oh, I have a baaad feeling about this week… :sweat_smile: )

1 Like