Bench stash - Qadree Ollison or Xavier Jones?

In my main dynasty league, I have a free bench spot that I’d like to use for an RB dart throw. I’m torn between Qadree Ollison (ATL) and Xavier Jones (LAR).

Ollison is my favorite. Granted, he didn’t make any noise at all during the last 2 years. But the only need the Falcons saw during the offseason was adding UDFA Javian Hawkins to provide depth behind Mike Davis.

I don’t see Davis as a bellcow RB. Coraderrelle Patterson is a gadget player. I think Ollison has every chance to step into a bigger role this year.

Xavier Jones’ situation in Los Angeles is somewhat simiar. With Akers out for the season, Darrell Henderson will certainly step into the RB1 role. But I don’t see them using Henderson as a true bellcow either. Somebody behind him is going to get quite a few touches, and unless the Rams sign another veteran, Jones seems to be in the pole position.

What do you think? Is either of them worth a dynasty bench stash? Benches are quite deep in that league, 15 bench spots in a 12 team league. So it’s not like I have to pass on a lot of talent for either of the 2 guys.

Ollison is not bad, for the reasons you stated. It’s a gamble, but remember that Ollison could fail if given the opportunity. But if you have the bench space, why not?

1 Like

True, but the same goes for Jones. Also, both teams can still sign a veteran RB.

There are some other handcuff RBs available on our waiver wire, some of them may even play a decent season (e.g. Damien Williams). But I have enough depth on RB (Ekeler, Jacobs, Gaskin, Damien Harris, Michael Carter), so I’m looking beyond this season.

Both Jones and Ollison may have a future in the NFL, if the stars align. Sure, it’s a long shot. But so was Ekeler, when I got him 4 years ago.

1 Like