You guys see a (long-term) upgrade to my RB stable?

12-Team PPR League
3-1; 1st place
Start 2 RB each week

Question: Should I drop Hines or Carter for any of the RBs on the wire listed below to upgrade my long-term RB depth or stand pat?

My RBs
Kamara
Swift
Damien Harris
Hines
Michael Carter

Wire RBs
Gainwell
McKissic
Gaskin (someone just dropped him)
Perine

Bye the way. our waiver wire works immediately, no waiting!

Thanks!

Hines for McKissic would be basically a lateral move; every other swap would be a downgrade.

Hey thanks for your thoughts AxeElf!

Hines for Gainwell is another lateral move. Gainwell is seeing a healthy amount of targets in Philly, good for PPR leagues. And he even outperformed Miles Sanders on the ground last week.

Seeing how he gets the same amount of targets as Hines, but has a better chance to bypass his RB1 on the ground, I’d lean towards Gainwell. Not by a wide margin, though.

Excellent insights Zakk, appreciate your help, thank you!

Gainwell or McKesson aren’t bad to drop Hines, I would hang on to carter.
Perine is an interesting element if your looking for a gamble, mixon tends to be on and off of injuries

I would second Zak’s views. Gainwell seems to have the most upside of the bunch.

Hines is the obvious drop here, although not a bad one to keep on the bench either. I wouldn’t drop Carter, as he seems to be getting more and more touches each week, even as he slowly progresses into a starting RB1 role for the Jets.

Thanks guys! I feel the same way about Carter. He’s moved to the top of that depth chart and had the talent to be something special. And I too agree with Zak, it seems Gainwell and Hines are in the same tier with a slight edge going to Gainwell. Think I’ll stand pat, thanks again!

1 Like

Ended up pulling the trigger on dropping Hines for Gainewell.

Too much talk of him being a 1B back and possibly surpassing Sanders.

No such talk about Hines and now he’s banged up.

Watched some video highlights of both too (college and pro), Gaineswell looks more talented than Hines.

Keep in mind, Gainwell won’t become a bellcow. He’s only 5’9", 200 pounds. He can easily take 15 touches a game, but over the long haul taking 20 or more would wear him down most likely. Still, 15 touches is a nice share if he can be efficient with them, and so far he has been.

Thanks Ed, agreed!
It’s telling how they describe Sanders as 1A and Gainwell as 1B. They don’t say stuff like that about Hines.
Gainwell presently has more upside than HInes and is an upgrade for my RB5 slot (Carter has moved up to RB4) in my stable.

Quickly dropped Gainwell for Gaskin after todays performance lol!

Gainwell is in an RBBC. Expect some bad days.

Chasing last week’s production is rarely a good fantasy strategy. Much as I rejoice over Gaskin’s sudden breakout (I have him in all my dynasty leagues), I will still be hesitant to start him.

In theory, the Bucs game was a horrible matchup for him, as the Bucs have one of the best rushing defenses in the league. However, the combination of the Dolphins being forced to throw the ball a lot, and Brissett not being in any shape to push the ball downfield, led to a sudden burst in targets for Gaskin.

Don’t expect that to repeat next week, in a plus matchup against the desolate Jaguars. In theory, that should be a great matchup for an RB. The question is if Gaskin will be that RB.

Gainwell and the Eagles OTOH are playing the Bucs next week, and it will be interesting to see if Gainwell as the pass catching back will enjoy a similar abundance of targets as Gaskin did this week.

Hey guys, thanks for continuing this interesting thread, your pro insights are very helpful!

@Ed, it was Gaskins performance I was referring to 10/74/2 receiving. Not sure Gainwell has that high a ceiling/up side. Gaskin was ranked well in preseason drafts and still has a shot at being the sole lead back where as Gainwell will always be in a RBBC due to his size and Sanders presence.

@Zak, agree 100% with your assessment! But remember guys, I’m just looking for upgrading my RB depth not necessarily looking for a starter right now, although Kamara and Carter have their bye next week, and I will have to start Gaskin or D. Harris. Harris is banged up and fumbled again (Belichick doghouse?).

All that being said, do you guys see any ROS upgrades plus a spot bye-week start next week on the Wire for my RB stable?

12-Team PPR League
3-1; 1st place
Start 2 RB each week

My RBs
Kamara (week 6 bye)
Swift
D. Harris (banged up/Belichicks doghouse?)
Carter (week 6 bye)
Gaskin

Wire RBs
T. Williams/Bal
Gainwell
McKissic
Perine
Rhamondre Stevenson
Khalil Herbert
(Taylor owner scooped up Hines when I dropped him for Gainwell, sneaking feeling I messed up dropping Hines in the first place, lol))

Makes me a bit nervous dropping Gaskin for one of the wire RBs after his breakout game though… also there is the idea that now might be a good time to Sell High on Gaskin. What sort of RBs you think I could go after with a Gaskin trade???

Bye the way. our waiver wire works immediately, no waiting!

Thank you!!!

1 Like

You may want to grab Darrel Williams of KC, if CEH’s injury looks to be serious.

Thanks Ed, D. Williams already gone.
Just now edited my previous post to reflect that…

1 Like