What does a good team look like using no-rb strategy?

Redraft 12 team standard league (QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/RBWRTE/DEF/K). I used the no-rb strategy (I diverted a little, Chris Carson fell to the 11th pick of the third round (leaving me with fewer TE options)), but I am unsure of whether I picked a good team.

Picking 11th in a mock draft, fantasy pros gave the following team a C+ grade (even though I think this is a pretty decent team given the strategy).

Starters
Dak
Carson
Zack Moss
Hill
Diggs
Fant
Allen
Pittsburg
Prater

Bench
OBJ
Shenault Jr
Tyler Higbee
Trey Sermon
Tarik Cohen
Kenneth Gainwell (just love the name)

Thoughts?

Is the flex position a superflex? I’m assuming that is Josh Allen?

Flex is a RB/WR/TE - Keenan Allen

So you don’t have a second string QB? In a 12 team league with one QB slot and a 6 person bench, you may find yourself hard-pressed to find good streaming options (that leaves at least only 9 QB streaming options later, and fewer than that if somebody keeps 2 QB’s on the bench).

I also have to say your RB options are bad. Moss loses some td’s to Josh Allen, and carries to Singletary. Sermon is in an RBBC, and there’s no guaranty Gainwell will even see much playing time in Philly. Carson is the only bright spot, and he’s no threat to the top 5, and maybe not even the top 10.

Obviously, I can’t fault your receivers. World-class bunch. And Dak is a solid QB1 with tremendous upside, even if he is coming off an injury.

That makes sense to me.

I am trying to go after the no RB strategy. I am just looking for serviceable options at rb.

As for the second string qb - it didn’t fall that way for me. Assuming a mostly healthy year, a streamer should be an OK option

As for RB’s, shoot for rookies: Javonte Williams, Michael Carter, Travis Etienne. You can get them cheap with bigger upside.

Streamer options at QB aren’t always the best. At least grab a decent 2nd QB in the draft.

Appreciated.

I am tired of going for the balanced team and getting f’ed by injuries. I like the strategy of having 4 top end wrs - at least you have the WR and Flex positions locked up for some points (and bye weeks aren’t that bad).

1 Like