Weekly Fantasy Football Chat (8/2)

I would keep Moore, Kupp and Lockett

Of course! You can always trust the Draft Assistant!

Close call, but I would lean Javonte right now. I have a feeling Etienne will have more value as a pass catcher in the pros, and that doesnā€™t help you as much in a standard league. Williams is a thumper and was highly productive in college. I expect him to earn the starting job by seasonā€™s end.

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s crazy. Obviously, WR is much deeper than TE. But if there are no real advantages to having an elite TE, Iā€™d keep McLaurin.

Hereā€™s how I would rank it in terms of who Iā€™d keep: Taylor, Ridley, Allen, Waller, Montgomery. Allen and Ridley are close, but in a 1 QB league Iā€™d rather keep the top end receiver

I would say Moss delivers the most upside of that group. Harris seems to be the starter in NE, but we know how the Pats like to mess with us when it comes to their backfield. Dillon should carve out a greater role this year. I actually donā€™t mind Edwards as a last resort, he should at least be Baltimoreā€™s goal line back and is a Dobbins injury away from a huge workload. Iā€™d rank it Moss, Dillon, Harris, Edwards.

Close one, if itā€™s a 1 QB league Iā€™d keep Dobbins.

I have Kittle, Pitts and Fant in a 1 qb ppr league. I donā€™t want too have to keep three TEā€™s but Atl and SF have had the same bye weeks last year and this year so Iā€™m holding onto Fant. Kittle is on tops of his game for now but Pitts has yet to prove he is the monster we all expect him to be. (At least I do) My thoughts are to dangle Kittle at some point in lucrative trade bait while he still has value if/when Pitts breaks out. My question is if and when would you consider such a move or can you suggest a better strategy?

I feel like itā€™s a lateral move, if not a downgrade, going from Kamara to Chubb. The 2nd overall pick is intriguing, and if you have a glaring need for a young WR, then I get it. Iā€™d probably just stay put because when healthy youā€™ve got two top 3 backs.

Iā€™m not sure if the forfeit rule has a huge role in it, but the fact that COVID is hovering over us still makes me a little more interested in snagging those high-end handcuffs. But just like injury, COVID is impossible to predict. Iā€™d say be a little more cognizant of getting those handcuffs, but donā€™t dedicate your draft to it.

1 Like

Diontae Johnson is 65th overall in FantasyPros ADP, and I love him as a mid-Round 5 or early Round 6 pick. As for becoming an expert, just dedicate yourself to understanding the game. Learn how to evaluate player talent, not just box scores and statistics. Projections and things are nice, but the best way to become an expert is to add value by telling people who the special players are.

Wide receiver is super deep, so I donā€™t think you HAVE to take guys at both 1.2 and 2.1. Iā€™d take best player available at 1.2 and see how the board shakes out in the second round. You will have plenty of chances to build a good receiving core.

Be nimble and scoop up value where you can find it. Even in a bigger league, getting the best players is more important than filling positions.

Wow! Tough choice. Given the value and format, Iā€™d lean Jefferson

I view mock drafts as a great way to set a general gameplan. It helps with knowing who will likely be on the board with given picks, and it gives you the opportunity to head into your draft with a loose plan. HOWEVER, I find that in live drafts things are much more unpredictable. Have your strategy in the back of your head, but be willing to adapt based on what occurs. If you go into a draft saying Iā€™m going to take QB early, but 6 QBs suddenly go before your pick, that strategy needs to be adapted. In the end, have players you want, rather than a set strategy

Iā€™d go Tyreek, Taylor, Mixon.

The format wouldnā€™t really change my plan much. I go best player available early on. But given the format and the potential to start up to 5 pass catchers, Iā€™d put a bit more emphasis on receiver. Luckily, thatā€™s the deepest position. Iā€™d try to land 1-2 bell cow backs then go ham on your receivers. There is A TON of value in the middle rounds at WR.

Long-standing 1/2 ppr redraft, we have never had a separate TE category, so 2 WR/TEā€™s. 2 Flex. 2 RB, 1 QB and 1 D. 8 active with a 10-person bench (pretty ridiculous, I know).

Question isā€¦ when do you draft Kelce, Waller, Kittle? Is Pitts even draftable? Is Hockensen? Is anyone else that Iā€™m neglecting to mention? thx.

I would definitely get one in a 2 QB league. I donā€™t think you have to get 2 right away, given how deep the position is.

Iā€™d rather have Dobbins, I think heā€™s primed for a big year. Kittleā€™s great, but you could probably get him at a similar price in the draft.