The RB-heavy Mock Draft

I was testing something in a mock draft in Yahoo: an RB-heavy draft. I literally hit the point in the 13th round where the system told me I had maxed on my RB’s, and it wouldn’t let me draft another one.

Why would I do this? Simple: If I end up with too many good/great RB’s, I can trade one or more for talent at other positions. It also ensures I don’t have too few good RB’s.

I was drafting 8th in a 10 team draft:

1. Najee Harris (Pit - RB): Obviously.
  2. Davante Adams (LV - WR): In a lot of mock drafts, I have had to take Adams in the 1st round, so getting him in the 2nd is a steal.
  3. Kyle Pitts (Atl - TE): You can argue about how this is too early to draft a TE, but notice I didn’t take a second one. Take care of the position and move on.
  4. Breece Hall (NYJ - RB): Hall as my second RB is pretty sweet.
  5. Jaylen Waddle (Mia - WR): A solid WR2.
  6. Jalen Hurts (Phi - QB): Got my QB cheap.
  7. Hunter Renfrow (LV - WR): Wanted to take care of the WR3 before prospecting in the RB’s.
  8. Rhamondre Stevenson (NE - RB): He may end up with the bulk of carries in New England’s RBBC.
  9. Dameon Pierce (Hou - RB): Already looking like the RB1 in Houston. Averaging close to 10 yards/carry in the preseason is what you want to see from your starting RB.
  10. Kenneth Walker III (Sea - RB): Does anyone trust Penny to last as the RB1 in Seattle? Nah.
  11. Derek Carr (LV - QB): On the off-chance Hurts faceplants this season, I have my QB position insured.
  12. Zamir White (LV - RB): Back to RB prospecting. Zeus will be the first man up when/if Josh Jacobs gets hurt, and likely will be spelling Jacobs.
  13. George Pickens (Pit - WR): No more RB’s? Ok fine, I’ll take one of the best WR prospects this year.
  14. Younghoe Koo (Atl - K): KOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  15. Las Vegas (LV - DEF): Homer pick.

Going into the season with my RB’s Harris, Hall, Stevenson, Pierce, Walker and White is a pretty formidable bunch. Even if you don’t like one or more of these guys, you have to admit there’s enough potential breakouts here to dominate a league. In a dynasty or keeper league, this would be even sweeter with all these young RB’s (4 rookies and 2 second year guys).

Interesting, did much of the same. Gonna be an intriguing battle between #8 and #10 and don’t forget ZAK at #7 and Jack at #6… all from here.

Also, at least 4 of the other managers have been playing for 15 or more years.
They are good

Anyone lookin for a challenge? Well, Here Ya Go.

1 Like

You’re just way too enamored with backup/reserve/rookie RBs. I would consider a starting RB to be sweeter than Hall as an RB2.

You’re just way too enamored of wasting early picks on QBs and TEs.

No you didn’t; you got your QB in the 6th round–and got one that’s kind of on the hot seat in terms of starting all season.

The QB you got cheap in the 11th (Carr) is the only one you needed. He’ll probably finish higher than Hurts anyway.

See Breece Hall

Yeah, this is a great mock. You can almost field a complete starting team without having to mine the waiver wire prior to Week 1–at least if you only have to start 1 RB. Hopefully there’s no flex position.

For a “RB-Heavy” mock, it’s amazing that you only came away with one starter.

lol

Next up, the QB-Heavy Mock Draft, in which Ed selects Desmond Ridder, Matt Corral, Kenny Pickett and Malik Willis before Round 7!

Where are your picks, not just blind shots?