4. Ja’Marr Chase
  5. Zach Wilson
  6. Travis Etienne
  7. Elijah Moore
  8. Javonte Williams
    9a. Davonta Smith
    9b. Jaylen Waddle
    9c. Michael Carter

I put the last three together in my rankings because they were separated by 2 points. As the preseason progresses, this is subject to change.

Javonte Williams 8? He’s in arguable the best situation… Already talk they he’s going to be the starter sooner rather than later, and Gordon isn’t the future there, we know this. They traded up to get him in the second round. He was one of if not the most talented back in the draft, and with Lock being Lock, the Broncos are definitely going to attempt to establish a ground game. He’s got talent, good situation, and not true competition that’s going to last more than the immediate moment.

I don’t mind Najee being first. He’s going to get carries, though I am worried about the Steelers o-line.

I’m even fine with Lawrence being second… But from there, why are any of the rest of these guys above Williams? Pitts is a fantastic talent and I think he’s going to be great. But even without Jones, Ridley is the number one there, and while Pitts can absolutely produce, rookie TEs have historically taken some time to get used to the NFL. But Pitts is different right? So was OJ Howard. Etienne is in like for a third down role only. Zach Wilson is on the Jets… Elijah Moore is on the Jets… and still has others to compete for touches with. Corey Davis didn’t sign his contract to just stand around. It just makes no sense that Williams would be at 8.

This ranking has definitely changed since I first wrote it.

Keep in mind, this is dynasty. A TE like Pitts doesn’t come along often, and he looks like he will be a lock for some serious targets this year, and in the future.

As for the rest, my top 10 looks like this now:

1. Trevor Lawrence
  2. Najee Harris
  3. Kyle Pitts
  4. Ja’Marr Chase
  5. Zach Wilson
  6. Javonte Williams
  7. Travis Etienne
  8. Michael Carter
  9. Elijah Moore
  10. Davonta Smith

I am not disregarding the Jets because, firstly, they have acquired a nice trio of skill position players in Wilson, Carter, and Moore. Secondly, Gase is no longer the HC. Time to close the book on that chapter. Admittedly, the Jets have a long history of futility, and that’s why I’m not rating these guys higher. But I have to give the Jets front office their due: They had a whale of a draft!

I agree with the rest of your points.

Newest rookie top 10 update:

1. Trevor Lawrence
  2. Najee Harris
  3. Kyle Pitts
  4. Ja’Marr Chase
  5. Javonte Williams
  6. Travis Etienne
  7. Zach Wilson
  8. Michael Carter
  9. Elijah Moore
  10. Davonta Smith

I will add there are other players behind Davonta Smith that I would be more tempted to grab for the long term. But for immediate return (this year and the next 3 years), he could be a good receiver.

id like to see your top 20 rookies now ?

1.Najee Harris(PIT) RB
2.Trevor Lawrence(JAC) QB
3.Kyle Pitts(ATL) TE
4.Javonte Williams(DEN) RB
5.Travis Etienne(JAC) RB
6.Jaylen Waddle(MIA) WR
7.Ja’Marr Chase(CIN) WR
8.Zach Wilson(NYJ) QB
9.Trey Lance(SF) QB
10.Michael Carter(NYJ) RB
11.Elijah Moore(NYJ) WR
12.Trey Sermon(SF) RB
13.Rhamondre Stevenson(NE) RB
14.DeVonta Smith(PHI) WR
15.Chuba Hubbard(CAR) RB
16.Rashod Bateman(BAL) WR
17.Larry Rountree III(LAC) RB
18.Mac Jones(NE) QB
19.Justin Fields(CHI) QB
20.Terrace Marshall Jr.(CAR) WR

I’m in a rookie draft, PPR league. I need to decide between Michael Carter, Elijah Moore and Rashod Bateman. I really need a WR more than a RB so I’m leaning toward Moore, but I like Bateman, too. I don’t see a lot of love for Bateman, though, and I’m wondering why.

Bateman was hurt in pre-season:

Rashod Bateman (Groin) To Undergo Surgery, Return Sometime In September

Ravens coach John Harbaugh says WR Rashod Bateman will undergo groin surgery. (Jeff Zrebiec)

Fantasy Impact:

Harbaugh added that Bateman will return “sometime in September.” It’s a tough blow for a rookie receiver who had a chance to contribute right away in Baltimore. Sammy Watkins and Marquise Brown will operate as Lamar Jackson’s go-to wideouts to begin the season.

If you’re in a dynasty league, then don’t let that scare you too much. But if you’re in redraft, you may lean towards one of the Jets.