Tags' Tight Ends (and Yates!)

So I was looking over Mike Tagliere’s Top 20 TE’s: Mike Tagliere’s Early Top-20 Tight End Rankings (2021 Fantasy Football) | FantasyPros

The only problem: There aren’t that many worth owning. I only count 18 of his 20 worth owning. Anything beyond that is tossing darts. You may as well grab a second stringer behind a good TE.

First, let’s toss out the bad: Eric Ebron and Hunter Henry. The Steelers didn’t draft a TE because they believe in Ebron. As for Henry, injuries, and not spectacular performance when healthy. If I have to draft one of them, I’d sooner take a chance on Foster Moreau behind Darren Waller.

Best advice: Grab a top tier TE early. Anything beyond Kyle Pitts could be ugly. And I’m not sold on Andrews. He’s not bad, just not sure he’s top 5. I’d take a gamble on T.J. before Andrews. I have Andrews rated 7th best TE. The Ravens just don’t throw that much.

Next: George Kittle. When a player misses the large portion of a season, I want them to prove to me they are REALLY back, and not just semi-back. To me, Kittle is a late-round pick, or even a streamer. I won’t touch him where Yates, or even ECR, has him.

Finally, I see Robert Tonyan as a TE5. Even with Jordan Love at QB, Tonyan will be a needed alternative to Davante Adams.

So then I look at Yates’ picks at TE’s, and I’m amazed! He isn’t perfect, but he’s close!

See Kittle above, same issue.

Other than that, just minor nitpicks. Yates did well.