Sleepers You Should Know 01: Mike Gesicki

Check this timeline…

2011: Bill O’Brien becomes the offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots. The TE duo of Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez explodes, combining for 2,237 yards and 24 TDs.

2012-2013: Bill O’Brien becomes the head coach at Penn State and recruits Mike Gesicki to the Nittany Lions.

2014-2022: Bill O’Brien coaches with the Texans and at Alabama. Gesicki is drafted into the NFL as a 2nd-round pick in 2018 and becomes a top 12 TE in his sophomore season. In 2020 and 2021, Gesicki was a top 8 fantasy TE, before falling out of favor with Miami’s new offensive system in 2022.

2023: Bill O’Brien becomes the offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots. The New England Patriots sign Mike Gesicki. Gesicki and Hunter Henry were observed having special sessions with the QBs in OTAs. Henry is expected to handle more blocking duties, while Gesicki is expected to be used more like a WR.

The Patriots top WRs are DeVante Parker, Juju Smith-Schuster, and Kendrick Bourne–they’re not special. Gesicki should be a surprise top 5 TE this season.

1 Like

I have to agree with you on this. Gesicki is a solid TE sleeper this year.

If you had 'nads the size of Axe Elf’s, and also started Gesicki in all your leagues yesterday, mere weeks removed from a dislocated shoulder, you scored as many or more fantasy points as owners of:

Travis Kelce

Mark Andrews

George Kittle

Darren Waller

Dallas Goedert

Dalton Schultz

Chigoziem Okonkwo

Juwan Johnson

Gerald Everett

David Njoku

Greg Dulcich

Jake Ferguson

Noah Gray

Isaiah Likely

Taysom Hill

Now you know why you don’t spend an early draft pick on a TE!

1 Like

I took Andrews in 4th round and regret it already. Every mock I did I promised myself I wouldn’t reach for TE, and draft night I did.

I am curious (we have a super flex) about Mac Jones too. Could be super solid this year.

EDIT: One good thing about our work league not being super competitive is we have some homers. So sometimes you know who to go to for trades because they want the guy from their team.

I’m wondering if the TE playing field is starting to close. Granted Kelce and Andrews probably still top dogs, but I think the choices aren’t as barren as they used to be.

Some talent there maybe some of it will rise.

Just realized this is from the pest I ignore and will post no more here.

You sure give a lot of attention to this pest you ignore.