Should I drop Andre Hopkins?

I’m in a redraft league. DeAndre Hopkins is out for the rest of the fantasy season. He is still 78% owned in Yahoo. It makes sense to hold Hopkins in dynasty leagues. But why are so many other managers holding Hopkins? Should I drop Hopkins? I don’t see any reason why I should hold him.

Not all owners actively manage their rosters. For many owners, the fantasy season is over, anyway. Others are just lazy. Even Henry Ruggs is still rostered in some leagues.

Also, D-Hop hasn’t formally been placed on IR yet, so some owners may still hope for a miracle. I can’t see how he could possibly play through that injury, so I would drop him in redraft formats. But I’m not a doctor.

2 Likes

The Cardinals placed DeAndre Hopkins on the IR. I just read the NFL rules. I believe the rules mean that Hopkins must remain on the IR for three weeks minimum, which means that he will definitely not be available during the Week 15-17 Playoffs. If this is correct, then I can drop him because he has no ROS fantasy value. Do you agree?

1 Like

Absolutely. The Cards also stated that, from a medical POV, his earlierst possible return would be in the week of the championship game.

Hopkins can safely be dropped in all redraft formats. His fantasy season is 100% over.