Time to bench Hopkins?

It looks like Hopkins is now producing Flex type numbers. I think the ball will be spread around a lot this season so I do not see the WR1 target volume moving on…time to bench him and wait??

I’m not so sure about that. In the last two games, defenses tried to shut him down, and the rest of the Cardinals offense came alive. That’s a lesson to defensive coordinators: Shutting down Hopkins doesn’t get you a “W”, or even slow down the Cardinal’s offense, which has scored over 30 points against all 4 opponents this year.

If you have a better option on the bench, go for it. But considering most people drafted Hopkins as a WR1, the only replacement could be an over-performing WR2 or WR3 that has been stashed. Got Mike Williams on your bench?

So I have Mike williams, Amari cooper, Emmanual sanders, cole beasley, hockensen

How many can you start?

2 wr and one flex spot

Assuming you don’t have a better RB for your flex spot, I’d go with Williams and Hopkins as your starting receivers, and then look for matchups with Sanders and Hockenson as your flex. Sanders gives you more upside, but Hockenson gives the better floor. Forget Beasley.

I have chubba hubbard and gaskin on the bench…

I might throw Hubbard into the streaming mix for your flex, depending on CMC’s status.

That is probably what I will have to do

Thanks for the advice!!

1 Like