Rumors, Franchise Tags & New Contracts

Honestly, I hope they do trade Corral. He can be a great QB.

The Saints just signed Winston to a 1 year deal worth upto $8.5m. And I’m confused now, because as far as I knew, Winston had still 1 year left on his old contract, with a dead cap of $11.2m.

So what happened here? Did they restructure his contract, with him accepting a major salary slash?

Current Contract

Jameis Winston signed a 2 year, $28,000,000 contract with the New Orleans Saints, including a $14,000,000 signing bonus, $21,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $14,000,000. In 2023, Winston will earn a base salary of $12,800,000, while carrying a cap hit of $15,600,000 and a dead cap value of $11,200,000.

No sense in dropping.

Then why is it being reported that Winston just re-signed with the Saints on a 1 year deal worth upto $8.5m?

In other news: Jakobi Meyers to the Raiders. Makes sense, after he already threw a TD pass for them last year. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Just guessing Alien Intervention. :slight_smile:

The Fins bring back Mostert and Wilson and can safely be crossed off the landing spot list for rookie RBs.

Darren Waller is now a Giant (and I am happy that I did not trade for Bellinger this offseason).

The Aaron Rodgers saga is getting crazier by the hour (isn’t that something new…)

He still hasn’t signed with the Jets.

Jets players on Twitter all act as if the deal is signed and done.

Allen Lazard, Randall Cobb and Marcedes Lewis have all drawn sudden (trade) interest from other teams, including the Jets.

I’m beginning to wonder if the Packers are playing a practical joke on the Jets. Payback for Sauce Gardner desecrating a cheesehead back in October.

2 Likes

A very good run down of all deals.

Miami only has 3 RBs and is very much in the running for a rookie with a nuber of fans speculating Gibbs if he is there at 51.

Ekeler given permission and shopping for a trade. Bears seen as possible.
Not good for me.

I knew when the Jets didn’t sign Derek Carr, they were making a BIG mistake!

Can the Raiders be any dumber? I think not. They’ve gone full retard.
FullRetard

1 Like

Damn Detroit. I was happy when I saw they were very far apart with RB Williams coming back but now see they are signing Montgomery to a 3 year deal. :frowning_face:

The remaining FAs and players who are not expected to return to their team under their current contract:

Aaron Rodgers
Carson Wentz
Baker Mayfield
Matt Ryan

Austin Ekeler
Miles Sanders
Jamaal Williams
Kareem Hunt
Devin Singletary
Damien Harris
Alexander Mattison
D’Onta Foreman

JuJu Smith-Schuster
DJ Chark
Adam Thielen
Odell Beckham Jr.
Darius Slayton
Mecole Hardman

Dalton Schultz
Mike Gesicki
Hayden Hurst

1 Like

The list of remaining free agents is growing shorter.

Damien Harris to the Bills is a move that could have more fantasy implications than many would think. If Harris stays healthy, he can challenge James Cook for the expected RB1 role. It also makes Nyheim Hines expendable.

1 Like

Schultz with a rookie QB depending on him could be interesting.

1 Like

True. But there is also risk. They signed Robert Woods, sophomore Nico Collins could have a breakout year, and they will probably draft another WR in the first round.

The potential for Schultz is there, but also the risk to end up being the odd man out.

I don’t hate the landing spot, but as the Schultz owner in one league, I’d have preferred to see him sign up with the Bengals or the Raiders.

I have no space to keep Schultz but could draft him. Engram is another likely option with Dolcich and Kincaid or Mayer a later pick for a back up.

Tier 1 [Customize Tiers](javascript::wink:
1 Kyle Pitts (ATL) 1 4 1.6 0.9 -
2 Mark Andrews (BAL) 1 3 2.2 0.6 -
3 Travis Kelce (KC) 1 4 2.4 0.8 -
4 T.J. Hockenson (MIN) 2 6 4.1 0.8 -

Tier 2 [Customize Tiers](javascript::wink:
5 George Kittle (SF) 4 8 5.3 1.0 -
6 Dallas Goedert (PHI) 4 7 5.7 0.7 -
7 Pat Freiermuth (PIT) 5 10 7.1 1.1 -
8 David Njoku (CLE) 6 12 8.8 1.4 -

Tier 3 [Customize Tiers](javascript::wink:
9 Greg Dulcich (DEN) 8 14 10.1 1.6 -
10 Evan Engram (JAC) 7 15 11.6 2.4 -
11 Cole Kmet (CHI) 9 18 12.2 2.1 -
12 Dalton Schultz (HOU) 9 18 12.6 2.7 -
13 Darren Waller (NYG) 8 19 12.9 3.2 -
14 Trey McBride (ARI) 12 19 14.4 1.9 -
15 Chigoziem Okonkwo (TEN) 12 17 15.2 1.4 -
16 Dawson Knox Buf

Tier 4 [Customize Tiers](javascript::wink:
17 Mike Gesicki (NE) 16 30 21.0 3.7 -
18 Noah Fant (SEA) 17 29 21.0 3.7 -
19 Jelani Woods (IND) 19 25 21.1 1.8 -
20 Isaiah Likely (BAL) 17 28 21.9 2.9

Here’s our latest TE ranks. Schultz dropped 2 spots fror the trade. Ed’s guy in Likely keeps rising. CBS has him up to 15.

I got over Jacobs with Akers fine finish but I still do hate you for stealing Goedert.

1 Like