Rookie Mock Draft in Fantasy Pros (Mid pick)

Here I did a rookie mock draft using the Fantasy Pros software. I did set it for my next league’s settings, with the following starting positions: QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 2-Flex, and a Superflex. The league also has a deep bench, and is PPR. I am only doing 4 rounds, since rookie drafts rarely offer much value beyond 4, and even the 4th round is dart throws. I am starting with the eighth pick in a linear draft for a 16 team league:

1. 1.08 WR George Pickens (PIT): I can take dart throws at good RB prospects later. Pickens is a strong WR candidate on a team known for developing WR’s. Maybe he doesn’t find the pot of gold this season, but he is a good candidate for future years.

2. 2.08 QB Matt Corral (CAR): If I am going to take Corral, i have to take him here. With the fastest release since Marino, he is too good to pass up.

3. 3.08 WR Calvin Austin (PIT): Weird going for a second Pittsburgh WR, but Austin is the BPA here. Super speedy and small, but he could have more potential here with QB’s not afraid to go deep, unlike Old Ben.

4. 4.08 TE Jeremy Ruckert (NYJ): See my last rookie mock draft for comments on Ruckert.

With the 8th pick in the draft of a 16 team league, you won’t get many “first year hit the ground running” players. So you take the guys you can develop, hopefully for next year. Best advice: Trade a few of these guys for older veteran players to put you over the top. On the other hand, if you really don’t see a way to win this year, then trade your own aging veterans for draft picks.