Rookie Mock Draft in Fantasy Pros (Late pick)

Here I did a rookie mock draft using the Fantasy Pros software. I did set it for my next league’s settings, with the following starting positions: QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 2-Flex, and a Superflex. The league also has a deep bench, and is PPR. I am only doing 4 rounds, since rookie drafts rarely offer much value beyond 4, and even the 4th round is dart throws. I am starting with the last pick in a linear draft for a 16 team league:

1. 1.16. RB Zamir White (LV): One of the few potential early contributors. The top WR’s are gone by now, and only RB’s with potential remain.

2. 2.16. WR Romeo Doubs (GB): BPA at this spot. The only player with any serious possibility of contributing this season among the garbage here.

3. 3.16. WR Calvin Austin (PIT): I was surprised to see him as the BPA here, but so be it. I’ll take another WRU receiver (WRU=Steelers).

4. 4.16. RB Snoop Conner (JAX): I liked what I saw from Conner during the HoF Game, even if his stats weren’t gaudy. This late in the draft, he’s a decent dart throw. With the health of James Robinson and Travis Etienne both questionable, Snoop becomes an intriguing play. This is why we watch preseason football.

If you are drafting from the last spot in a 16 team draft, that means you did good last year, and all you are looking for is prospects. I think I did well to get two guys in the first 2 rounds who could perform this season. With late picks, it is always a good idea to trade them to rebuilding teams and scoop up their aging talent to refresh your run at another title.